Monday, September 23, 2013

Some Cake and Some Art...

Now that all the celebrating is over I can show you some art. But I have to share my cake with you first.

Of course it had purple decorations but inside it had fresh strawberries and whipped cream!


Open wide!


Yum!!
Come on over and I'll give you a piece of cake.
****************************************
Now for some art...


I finally finished the flower painting I was working on. This canvas is 12" x 36". I took this to our painting group and everyone loved it. They said the flowers just seem to jump off the canvas.

Here's a bit of a close-up. 
HB likes this one so much he says I can't sell it!

And I started working on another painting...
One that has been sitting here for several months.

I did the background and then saw the eyes but didn't know how to do them. I want her to look as if she's coming out of the background. I finally just decided to jump in and start painting the eyes. I have a long way to go with this one but at least I've got a good start.

Now I'm off to Legacy Commons. Today they have their monthly birthday celebration for anyone who has a September birthday. And then it will be time for my journaling class. Today we're going to do tape transfers.

18 comments:

  1. your birthday cake looks delicious. love both paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning work! So happy I found you throught Art Journaling Everyday. So talented:) That cake looks fab too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet, these flowers do pop out of the canvas. It's really beautiful, and the new one is looking great too. Can't wait to see it done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh.....forgot to mention the cake, yes please I'll have a piece. Looks great as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janet, that flower painting is awesome! Is it dimensional, or did you use cast shadows to make it pop? Gorgeous. Next time your instructor Debbie has a show, you need to be in it too. Now, I have to say something bad about you. I am trying to lose 5 lbs, maybe even 10, and YOU PUT THAT DELICIOUS CAKE IN MY FACE!! How could you do that to me? :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous art and what a beautiful cake. Love those flowers and they eyes in your collage piece are so powerful. xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. A belated Happy Birthday Janet and no need to say that you look as though it all went well.
    Sorry that I haven't been around lately but I can at last say that I am feeling great.
    Yeehar

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love a big piece of cake - hang the diet! YUM! glad youre celebrations went well, and enjoy them some more at the class also!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are right the flowers look 3 dimensional. Wish I were closer I'd be right over for cake, looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. YUM-O! C-A-K-E!
    I like the backgroud as much as the flowers...NICE WORK, Janet!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love every photo in this post from your face to the art! What joy! And YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, those flowers sure DO pop out of the painting! They're lovely. The cake looks sooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Janet...I love the start to your painting. The colors in the background are like an old beautiful quilt.

    And that cake! Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Janet...I love the start to your painting. The colors in the background are like an old beautiful quilt.

    And that cake! Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I want a piece of that cake, it looks so good. The flower painting is delightful. I can't wait to see what you other painting becomes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Belated birthday wishes from me to you!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful cake...I have had many purple cakes too...my friends know me well...and strawberry shortcake is always my fav too!! I am with HB...I love the blue flowers how they pop off the page is amazing...I was trying to study it to figure that out!! Wonderful job!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your flowers really do seem to have dimension...very cool. And so nice that your husband is supportive of your work. Happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!