Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Where to Begin...

Where to begin...it's been almost a month since my last post and at the time I was completely frustrated with computers (and still am!) My desktop, which is not even two years old, has been in the shop twice and may still have to go back again. But I'm trying to stay calm about it and just keep moving forward.

Art has been consuming my every waking hour because I've been invited to participate in a boutique at the hair salon where my art hangs. The only problem is the boutique is Nov 17th and I just got the invite a week ago. My studio is a complete creative mess even though I've organized it a couple of times over the past few days.

This is my most recent painting...or paintings 
this is actually two 12" x 12" canvases...




I'm keeping them as a set. And I have ideas for several more.

I can't promise to post something every day or even to visit you all every day but I hope to begin easing back into it over the next few weeks. The boutique will be my main focus for now so if you have any advice about things like that or any suggestions I'd appreciate hearing them. This is the first time I've ever done anything like this.

Also I had a piece of good news...my son is coming to stay for the winter. He's usually not able to come two years in a row but somehow he worked it out. He will be here in early December. We're looking forward to that. And my art journaling class is doing great. More about that in another post.

I've missed you all and am anxious to get back to "normal" blogging.

19 comments:

  1. i've missed you, too! i love your new painting. congrats on the boutique -- enjoy it. good news about your son. i know you are smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to see you back Janet. Your latest paintings are stunning, I love love love those trees. What beautiful curved lines.
    Congrats on the boutique, I hope it will be a real kick off for your art. I'm sure you are thrilled about your son's coming to stay. A lot of good news at once!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These tree paintings are great. Love how you did the sky. You are so clever. Good luck dear Janet with all of your projects. Keep moving forward.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you, Janet, though I'm sorry to hear that your computer is still misbehaving. Your tree paintings are WONDERFUL!!! Hang in there and just take each day as it comes....it has to get better, right? (re. computer that is) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wondered where you were. Glad you are busy, sorry about computer whoes, yuck. Nice Dyptick. xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your new paintings, Janet. Good luck with the boutique!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the painting! That is so different for you and I think it's a really successful style. Probably smart, too, to have pieces that are other than faces to stretch your potential buyers. I've been going through that lately -- my show begins Thursday (through Saturday) -- I have some of the stuff I'm taking on my current post. Mostly cards, but also mini mixed-media canvases that I'm having a ball with but I have no idea how they'll go or even how to price them right. Good luck with your sale -- I'm sure you'll rock it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, Janet....these two pieces together are really breathtaking and beautiful. Congratulations on the upcoming boutique...your work will be a hit! I look forward to hearing more about your art journaling class!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your painting, and yes keep them as a set, lets see some more, you will do fantastic at the art boutique,

    ReplyDelete
  10. So good to see you back....wonderful painting...love it! I have no doubt your boutique will be a huge success!! Don't clean your studio....you work best in a mess anyway...every time you clean it you have a creative lull.....keep that in mind when straightening things..... lol It's retrograde until the 12th....My firefox isn't working on my pc and laptop. rrrr

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there Janet. Lovely to see a post from you! Sorry to hear your computer has been misbehaving. Love your new paintings. Big congratulations on your upcoming Boutique - am sure you will do very well.
    Dot xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I was thinking of your today. So glad you are back. Good luck on the boutique show. I am sure it will go well. I agree with Giggles just create and don't mind the mess.

    Love ya,

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  13. Janet! These are awesome! I love seeing how you evolve and how your art changes frequently. Good luck with your boutique show and my advice or suggestions?????Just keep on! Your work is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Janet...I didn't know you are back online...I was about to send out an email to see how things are going with you. You are as busy as ever, it seems! I like your new pieces...and good luck getting ready for the show. Keep us posted!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like this set. Hope your show went well, I'm certain it did.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooops..it helps to read things correctly. I see the show is not till NEXT week. Anyhow, I am certain it WILL go well. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning paintings and I'm glad you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your new painting(s)! Good luck with the boutique....it's right up your alley :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. We've missed you but this piece (or pieces) is AMAZING!! LOVE it so much - can't wait to see more of the pieces that you've been making for the salon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!