Thursday, January 09, 2014

Art Supplies and Me...

No art to show today...but I do have some art supplies to share. The other day HB and I were at Home Depot to get me a mat to stand on in the studio. Since I took up the carpet I have a plain concrete floor and it gets tough on my feet and legs.

As we passed the paint department I glanced over and saw these...


Aren't they pretty colors?? And the best part was, 24 bottles of craft paint for $7.41. Well, you know they went home with me! I use craft paints in my art journals so this was a score. They are a bit translucent but that's okay because sometimes I want that look.

Yesterday was a super busy day and not much art got done. I only managed a bit of doodling in the evening. But HB did take a couple of pics of me before we left the house. They didn't turn out too bad so I'll share...


The lighting in this house is terrible for photos!


Again, the color of my carpet is a slate blue but it always shows as dirty gray in photos. I haven't had any new pics recently and I like to document how I change as the years go by! And today I look much different because I got my hair cut yesterday afternoon. So these are my unofficial "70 years old" pics.

Then just for fun I took this one in the bathroom before we left...again, terrible lighting...


I think that's enough of ME for quite awhile!!
I promise!

Today is the afternoon painting group. I may or may not go...it all depends on what I get involved in this morning. I'm itching to get into the studio and get some paint on my hands so see ya later!

16 comments:

  1. Lots of pretty colors of paint...and the price was right! I like the photos of you...love your jewelry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your hair too! is that the selfie for the document your life project?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you back posting again Janet! I think you look like one cool chic - honestly!
    Great deal on the craft paint - they are certainly handy for various projects. I'll have to check our Home Depot.
    Oh and Happy New Year! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look gorgeous Janet...I love your hair! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year, Janet. Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janet - you look gorgeous!! Great pics - LOVE that necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey good looking, I love that hair, and the color and you don't look like a day over 40

    ReplyDelete
  8. Home Depot - craft paint - wow! I think I need to be all over that! thanks for the photo and the idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What's really perfect about your photos is that impish little grin you have. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG - now I am SOOOOooooo jealous! All my local HD are out of that set -HD scare me and I went into TWO today looking for this set - but they are all out. Maybe there are fewer crafters around where you live? I am GREEN - with envy! Good on you for snapping it up! Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely photos and such a contagious smile. Haven't dropped by in a while but it's good to see you're still blogging and arting. Think i'll check home depot for some of those craft paints that really is a good deal. Can't wait to see what you paint with them maybe you;ll share. Happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, sweet girl, love the pictures of you...I have been so absent, and still can't seem to center myself. Arney is home for couple of weeks, so again I am centered on him...I love you, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love seeing pictures of you. Those craft paints look like fun. I am sure you will put them to good use.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad to see you back Janet, and great photos of you too. Medicine free, that's a good approach. I keep away from them too. Guess we're lucky to have good health.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You my dear are a gorgeous 70 year old....love your necklace..would have bought that one too!! You are so funky and with it!! Staying current keeps us young!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love seeing you again! Great photos!
    I applaud your purchase of the craft paints for those art journals!
    You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!