Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Digging out...

No, I'm not digging out from snow like many of you are. I'm digging out from the mess in my studio! I've been busy with so many things over the past few days. I thought it would quiet down after the holidays but so far that hasn't happened.

This is what my studio looked like yesterday morning! 
There isn't even a clean spot to work.

From another angle...in my own defense, I was trying to sort through things to get ready for my class yesterday afternoon. It was the first one since the holiday break and only five people showed up. But that was okay since I wasn't in top form!

I have been trying to keep up with my art journal...here is one of the pages I've done recently...

Pieces from magazines, some old wrapping paper, and a bit of scrapbook paper...these are the kinds of pages I like to create. Texture and color and a bit of dot doodling. Now I guess I better get busy today and make some more art.

10 comments:

  1. It looks tidy to me! :) I love the colour of your walls (and the paintings on them!) Lovely journal page too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks pretty tidy to me as well, and love that collage

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not too bad but I'm sure you'll get to organising it soon. I too love the colour on your walls....it's close to a seafoam green on my monitor...beautiful colour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you are back, how wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that collage too! january is the perfect time for that reorganise of spaces! I 'm sure yours will be spick and span in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I'm digging out from the same mess you are. Oh, heck. The whole house, but especially this room. And loving the journal! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those journal colors.....seem so southwest to me. Maybe I am craving heat? LOL xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dido, same here. Hard getting back in the swing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can relate to the mess but if my studio were as pretty as yours I think I'd have a hard time messing it up. Maybe that's why I need to keep my corner in the basement. ha!
    Lovely journal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How did I get so behind on your blog!! Maybe because I'm only around once a week lately!! I have seen your room a lot messier...this just looks like a desk in action!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!