Thursday, January 23, 2014

My Exciting Life...

Here it's been two weeks since I posted. I thought for sure this year I would be back on track but so far that hasn't happened.

The problem is I haven't been doing much art so then I don't have anything to share with you. My everyday routine is anything but exciting! You'd be bored to tears if I started sharing that. Actually I've been on a huge organizing binge. I've decided this is the year I get rid of lots of stuff that I've had forever. Pictures of piles of clothes ready for the thrift shop wouldn't be too exciting. Next up are the linen cabinets. Doesn't that sound like fun!!

I did manage to make one more shopping bag...


This one is a light beige color.
I love just doing blocks of color
and then adding squiggly lines and dots.

So there you have it...life goes on but not much art. Since Monday was MLK Day I didn't have my art journaling class. The center was closed that day. So not even anything from that to show you.

I hope it won't be another two weeks before I have something to share with you. Until then, don't give up on me!

9 comments:

  1. never...will I give up, so what kind of paint did you use on the bag, I would love to make one, I to am in the organizing and throwing away mode must be the month for it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I check back every day or so....not giving up on you either :) I like your colorful shopping bag. I need to go through closets and do what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great bag, I have promised myself to clear out and give away 2 thirds of my stash in the sewing studio, problem is I can't find the guts to start it. Lots of fabrics are to be given to local school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh I do LIKE the bag! Like Lee am curious as to what paints etc you used to make this? I've also been doing a lot of decluttering and organising - january is just perfect to get things organised for the year ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know what -- you can share anything you like -- it doesn't have to be art! (Although I do love it when I see it!). I just finished a journal making class and it feels so good to be back in the saddle! Love the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This came out super, you will be the hit shopping with this. xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bag looks great. I am sure you'll get lots of comments when you use it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Janet, I have started subscribing by email to my favorite blogs now. That way I don't miss anything. Blogger has a widget for that. I'd love it if you'd add it to your blog. Then I could subscribe to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful shopping bag Janet. You should teach a class on doing these....the ladies could give them away for gifts!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!