Followers

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Resting and Drawing...

I haven't had a cold in years but I got one recently and have been going through the usual sniffles, stuffy head, sneezing, etc. That's why you haven't seen me here...but I did do a couple of things while being lazy on the couch...


This is my string drawing. There's no beginning and no end...it just keeps going. This was a lot of fun to do and kept me busy for a couple of afternoons.

Then I watched some videos on The Artstronauts Club (Teesha Moore's site) and learned how to do wormholes. Here's my version...


I already had the paint on this page...leftovers from something else...so I just added the rest. Again, these were fun to do and I can see me using this technique for hair (think dreads.)

While I was on The Artstronauts Club I also watched several of Teesha's videos on how she does collage so now I'm itching to get busy with that but I think it might be later in the week before I try that.

Now I think I'm going to read and maybe take a nap...


12 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon, Janet! I've been doing some of those string drawings myself, and filling in the loops with different colors. Love the wormholes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in the astronauts Club as well, and saw that and decided to give it a try one day, but you actually did it and turned out great

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the wormholes a lot. Very interesting. And the loopy stringy drawing is very interesting. Like a maze!

    I hope you feel better soon. Rick has it, too and I am hoping to avoid it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh feel better soon. Cold not so fun....I don't get them often either. Super doodles....xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! I love it Janet! I think I might give it a go! I do hope you feel much better soon - drink lots of hot water with lemon and honey! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw the wormhole video too. Yours are great! I haven't tried it yet. I hope your cold is getting better...they can be darned annoying.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's good that you've kept busy with art even though you don't feel too good. Get better soon! And yes...collage! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep pretty sure I'm not a wormhole girl...even though it gets great texture and movement! Love the color. I have been staving off the cold with cold fx and oil of oregano capsules that Cupcake keeps shoving at me!! lol Take care! I have been doing so much doodling around here too!

    Hugs Giggles

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those wormholes are amazing. I'll have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is it wrong that I am fascinated by the "string" drawing? I want to follow it's path...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Johore you feel better soon and I love your wormholes :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yikes ...jahore = hope...darn autocorrect

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!