Sunday, March 02, 2014

The Day of the Oscars...

8:00 AM - Time to get up. No time to sleep in this morning. It's my big day!

8:15 AM - eat a very light breakfast...I don't want to gain an ounce or I won't fit into my dress tonight!

8:30 AM - time for a mani/pedi...I'll have a manicurist come to the house to do everything. Since I'm a "natural"  kind of person I just want plain nails. I want my dress to be the focus...


 Usually my nails have paint UNDER them instead of on them!


Since I'm wearing a sandal shoe tonight I think I should make my toes look good, too.
I'll leave the flowers behind though!

10:30 AM - 

Oops! You caught me luxuriating in a bubble bath!


After my mani/pedi it's time to relax.
I'll fill the tub with bubbles and 
maybe have a tiny glass of wine to help me get in the mood.

11:30 AM - Time to dry off and get my hair and make-up done. I couldn't decide whether to go dark...

and sultry

or to go blonde...



In the end I went with the last one...even if she is a mannequin!
Short, blonde, and sassy.

1:00 PM - time to start getting dressed. I gotta squeeze into those Spanx and that might take a while!  I searched forever to find just the right dress. Here are some of my choices...

dress 1
too fussy for me

dress 2
too sedate

dress 3
too revealing

dress 4
I like this one

dress 5
very elegant

dress 6
slinky and sexy

Since HB will be staying home I let him choose my dress this year.
He chose dress 6...the sexy black number!
I think my favorite would have been dress 4 or 5.

These are the shoes I chose...

They're by Jimmy Choo. I'm sure by the end of the night I'll be carrying them in my hand!



2:45 PM - another little sip of wine to settle my nerves before my date arrives. I know you're all wondering who it will be this year. I had a tough time deciding. There are so many handsome candidates but I finally decided to go with Leo...


He's such a cutie, looks good in a tux, and I admire that he's involved in several charitable and humanitarian organizations. We'll be swamped by paparazzi when we arrive because, of course, he's one of the nominees. (Don't tell him, but I haven't seen The Wolf of Wall Street yet!!)

3:00 PM - the limo will arrive. Leo will come to the door and then we'll be off for an exciting evening of fun and parties. I hope you see us on the red carpet, although I may step aside and let Leo have all the limelight. I'll be blowing kisses out to everyone from the sidelines.

The "parade" on the red carpet begins at 3:00 PM but we don't want to be the first ones to arrive. The actual show is at 6:00 PM and will probably last until around 8:30 - 9:00 PM. I'm excited to see Ellen host. She makes me laugh.

We'll be attending all the after-Oscar parties...first we'll make an appearance at The Governor's Ball, then off to the Vanity Fair party where they are expecting about 1000 guests. After that it will be Elton John's AIDS Foundation party. It's always one of the best. If we have time we'll stop by Madonna's Bash and the Night of 100 Stars dinner at the Beverly Hills Hotel. There's also the InStyle party at RivaBella Restaurant on the Sunset Strip and the Children Uniting Nations Dinner at the Warner Beverly Hills estate. By then I'm sure we will be ready to call it a night.

5:00 AM - Leo walks me to the door and...   You'll have to use your imagination 'cause I don't kiss and tell!!
*************************************************
For the past seven years I have "attended" the Oscars with a dream date. You can see previous posts here:  2007,  200820092010201120122013

I hope you enjoy my little fantasies!!

************************************************
Out here the TV coverage begins at 2:00 PM and goes for the rest of the afternoon and evening ending with Jimmy Kimmel's show. I'll probably be watching off and on throughout the day. I haven't seen any of this year's movies but I can still have my favorites. I like to see all the dresses and hear what the "experts" have to say about them. Maybe I'll sketch a few of them.

See you on the red carpet!!
(Normal life will be back tomorrow.)

16 comments:

  1. Awesome Janet. You will look stupendous in that slinky dress. HB better be careful what he chooses for you, since Leo will drool over it. Have fun. I'll be watching for you on tv!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your fantasies about going to the Oscars, Janet. I think dress 4 would look perfect with your hair. Good choice on your date....I really like Leo. It will be a very busy evening for you...I'd fall down for sure in those shoes you picked...lol
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you are going to the Oscars again this year! I just love this yearly post. I haven't seen any of the movies this year either. But I'll watch and enjoy -- a whole different world!

    ox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so exasperated with awards shows these days that I don't watch them anymore. I'm skipping the red carpet pre-shows too. However, I'm still buying People and US. I have to see all the pretty dresses; I just don't need to hear them actually try to answer some of the inane questions they are asked. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun post Janet... I have been there many years to watch you dress for your special day.... I think I've seen buyers club...but would love the see the wolf of wall street! Some of the previews looked good! I'd have picked the last dress too!! You'll look gorgeous. I'd take Gerard Butler though... lol I like the tall dark and handsome ones!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! So glad to see your Oscar post for this year. I just dawned on me to come check your blog. I wasn't going to watch the Oscars, they drag on so long...and I've usually NOT seen any of the movies. But I'm told Texas is well represented this year, plus I do like seeing who arrives with whom and what everyone is wearing. It doesn't start till 6 here. That's one thing I miss about living in California, the coverage start early in the day when the people start arriving. The clothes are my favorite part. You will look stunning with that sexy Leo... I would have picked dress number 4 too, but they are all really great. Holy smokes girl, in those shoes you may be as tall as Leo! I'll be looking for you on the red carpet.. Did they get it dried out after all the rain? I do also love Ellen and know she will be great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Oscar posts make me happy every year! I choose dress #4 for myself since you won't be using it - lovely! Husbands always go for the slinky ones, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously Janet, I look forward more to your posts about the Oscars each year than the actual Oscars...and great date this year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh so you've had your yearly fairytale again. You are so good at this Janet,it almost run like a movie in my head. I'm sure you did great!
    I'm back from Spain and digging my fingers into paint, just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. so sorry I missed seeing on the red carpet, but thanks for showing and telling the exciting time that you had, I am jealous

    ReplyDelete
  11. I look forward to your Oscar post every year. I know you were the belle of the ball -- and that you probably went to every single one of them (after graciously complementing the winners!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am glad you are still doing these Janet. They are always so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You were stunning as always. I loved your choice for this evening. I didn't see any of the movies either. I love seeing the show and trying to figure out who will win.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't seem to find my way to Blogland, I can't seem to find my way through the forest of daily life. I am just kinda lost, standing at a sign that reads uninteresting. And just past the sign it is real foggy, I am a little afraid I have lost my way.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!