Sunday, April 27, 2014

From My Journal Class...

Here it is almost the end of the month and I haven't been a good blogger AGAIN!! I have good intentions but my follow-through is not so good. I even wonder if there's anyone out there who still reads my blog!

As you know I'm teaching an art journaling class at the local senior center. I usually have about 10 - 12 people each week...sometimes less, sometimes not. It's a good group of men and women and we always have fun. One of my students did such a good page last week that I wanted to share it here with you.



This page was done by Lee Ann and I have her permission to show it. She collaged the flowery background and then drew on the wrought iron gate! It's beautiful and I wish you could see it in real life. She was inspired by the gate below...


She took this photo in her neighborhood and then did her drawing over the collage. I think she did an excellent job and I'm so proud of her. Everyone in my class is doing great. I just usually forget to take photos of their work.

This is what my studio looks like right now...a complete mess! 




Since we use so many magazine images in my class (I try to keep supplies to a minimum and we have lots of magazines at the center) I always seem to have stacks of them everywhere on my work table.

Okay, that's about all from here. Today is yard work with HB. And then I have to get things ready for my class tomorrow. Yikes...where does the time go!!

12 comments:

  1. Still reading! I'm so impressed that you have 10-12 students in your class every week. That sounds like so much fun. great page by Lee Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful work, what a great class and Lee Ann's work is spectacular.xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet, it sounds to be a great class you're teaching, and Lee Ann's page is stunning. Garden work here as well today. Finally the warmth and sun arrived to us too. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That's a great journal page and your class must be going great to have a student produce this page. Lee Ann did a great job. Good to "see" you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know we always love it when you post. When you don't we all know you are busy busy busy. I think Lee Ann did an amazing job on that gate! I love your messy worktable.

    Hub and I nearly killed ourselves doing landscaping this past week end. I just finished posting about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Inspiring! You and your students!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great that you are teaching a class. I have a thing for old iron gates. Love what Lee Ann did.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! She's pretty amazing. You must be a wonderful teacher to bring out such creativity and talent in your students. And teaching them must be a blast! Always happy when you post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do! I read it! Lee Ann's collage is beautiful. She must have a good instructor, hmmmmmm?

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a beautiful collage.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lee Anne did a gorgeous job Janet!! Love her inspiration and the collage...really beautiful!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your studio is beautiful with all that art on the lovely-colored walls and the great big table to work on. Love it! The painting of the woman...second from the left...I find myself thinking about that piece quite often. It's really so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!