Monday, May 26, 2014

I'm So Proud...

I haven't been here in almost a month. The time just gets away from me. But I want to share with you the work of one of the women in my journaling class. She had never done any art journaling before she came to class just a few months ago. She wanted to make a special book for her grand-daughter who is graduating from high school in just a few days.

This is the cover of her book....
she used one of the Canson mixed media books as her base.

 I love that she used dimensional items on the cover. There is a piece of lace ribbon that holds the cover closed...it wraps around that metal knob on the right of the picture.

 She used fabric paints on this page and it's very dimensional. The fireworks just seem to jump off the page when you see it in person. Her grand-daughter's birthday is near the Fourth of July.

 This "Marie Antoinette" spread is beautiful. She had never done faces. I loaned her Suzi Blu's book and that was all it took for her to get this amazing face. She used napkins on the left page.

 I love the hair on this spread. And you may notice that most of the pages have an inspirational quote on them.


This tree spread has tiny beads as the center of the flowers. The entire book is very dimensional. I love that she wasn't afraid to just jump in and try things.

I have some amazingly talented women and men in my journal class. They continually surprise me with what they do. I'll keep sharing their work when I can...because I sure haven't had much of my own to show!

13 comments:

  1. Just goes to show that with a great teacher and a little initiative and talent you can do incredible work. This is lovely and you BOTH should be very proud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanie...she was very proud and happy with what she did.

      Delete
  2. Janet this is amazing work....WOW and to think she may have never put her talent to the page! This is why you are teaching...for people like her who are discovering the artist within!! Gorgeous book, beautiful artwork and a wonderful style she has!! I love everything she has done....how cool the beads in the trees and the hair and tree continuing onto the other page... Janet I can see how amazed you must be!! I look so forward to seeing more!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Giggles...it's a beautiful book. I only shared a few of the pages here but the whole book is fantastic.

      Delete
  3. This is truly beautiful Janet, how very inspiring it must be to share time with your talented students. I'm sure they're inspired by you as well, so it's a real win win situation you have going there. Lovely to see, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laila...I hope I inspire them as much as they inspire me. I have a wonderful group of people in my class.

      Delete
  4. = ) Thanks for sharing this work of ART!
    Please tell your student we LOVE her creativity!
    The Cover is the just the BEST!!!!
    I Love the metal look a lot = )
    I also teach, and I am so inspired
    and blown away from MY Students' work, too!
    Keep up the GREAT work, Janet!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue...teaching is something I never thought about doing until last year when I set up the art journal class. I am having such a good time and learning just as much as I'm teaching. They never cease to amaze me with their creativity.

      Delete
  5. Hi Janet. I'm finally visiting and posting again myself. Isn't it wonderful to see a newbie jump in, take up the challenge, and produce a beauty like this piece the first time out.

    I'm posting these days at anniegolightly.blogspot.com. Yes, another blog. I'm going to start making the other ones into books and start shortening the list on my dashboard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful book. What a great gift this will be to inspire her grand-daughter, both the artwork and messages. Isn't rewarding when we can show someone else our "passion" for art and they get it and get on board?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janet, what a lovely book. Her granddaughter will love it.. She is talented but also had a good teacher. Very inspiring post!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. You must be very happy to have inspired her to do this book. Good for you and all of your students. LOVE
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work your student has done. It's no wonder, she has such a talented instructor. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!