Saturday, June 07, 2014

I Finally Did Some Art!!

I know I've been absent from my blog a lot and mostly that's due to having nothing to share. I've been uninspired to do any art for quite some time...but finally I think I'm getting back to the studio. I have several things to show you but I'm going to tease you into coming back to see more.

Today I'm sharing a journal page I did. I was inspired by Teesha Moore. I belong to her Artstronauts Club and she recently shared a video called "Overkill Journaling." I had a page already started so I just continued on with it and I think I did some overkill journaling of my own! I even used her word on mine.


It's definitely a busy page! I did this in my Canson Mix Media journal so it's mostly collage. I did use colored pencils and my Sharpie paint pens but no paint due to the crappy paper.

So if there's still anyone out there reading my blog be sure to come back tomorrow to see more of what I've been doing.

17 comments:

  1. Fabulous! As a matter of fact, I check you blog frequently...and love when you've posted something. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Peggy Lynn. I'm surprised anyone still visits my blog but I'm glad you do.

      Delete
  2. Nice Janet
    Love the detail.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gemma. I sort of got carried away.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful page. So nice to "see" you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Snap. I hope to be around a bit more.

      Delete
  4. Welcome back. Like your doodle filled page....xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love visiting your blog, Janet. You always surprise me. I joined the Artstronauts club, too. I have to admit that I forget to check in there. Do you just check in during the month or is there another way to be notified about new posts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet, I just check in every few days to see if there's anything new. I don't know if there's a way to be notified of new posts but that would be good.

      Delete
  6. I have one of those journals and hardly ever use it because of the paper! So glad you are making art again and sharing it with us. You always delight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you may be out of sight but not out of mind... have been wondering lately what youve been up to! great page!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your page, Janet. It has this feelgood thing about it. Staircase, lamp pole, quiet city. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful page Janet! Always good to see what you have created!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well hello there Janet...I was thinking about you just the other day! Love your journal page!!! There are so many little details and it looks so orderly. I love the happy colors! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeaaa! You're back! Love to visit here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like it. Great colors. I joined the Artstronauts too, but totally forgot to check in the entire time I was in Idaho. Just looked in and see that I missed a lot, so have to catch up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!