Monday, July 07, 2014

A Graphic Art Journal Spread...

Yesterday I got out one of my art journals and found an unfinished spread. I sat in the afternoon sun filtering through the blinds and worked on it. It's been very hot but inside it was cool and comfortable and I finished the spread in no time at all.

Sometimes the Muse is with me! This is the journal spread before I started work...



And here is what I did...


First I added lots of straight lines going each and every way.


This spread was made from magazine clippings, Mod Podge, a Sharpie pen, and one black and one white paint pen. I love it when I can make something with very little in the way of supplies.

This is the left page close-up...

and this is the right page close-up.

I have been using Pic Monkey to edit my photos and I had a little fun with one of the photos...


I used something called "clouds" to alter this photo. I like how it came out. You may have to click on it to see it better. Since it was a beautiful day with very few clouds in the sky I decided that I needed to add a few clouds to my art journal spread.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Janet! I blog infrequently these days and it seems ages since I visited you. Its good to see you are still doing your art. Your journal page is great, really different to what I remember you doing. It would make a great birthday card for a male family member or friend. Great strong lines and colour. Hope you are well? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. It is fun to change things up and you certainly have done that here. Pic Monkey is fun and I like the softness of the clouds you added to this piece. Makes me want to make a collage. You inspire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an interesting journal spread, Janet. Very industrial looking. And your new banner.....wowzer!!! Like a neon sign saying "Stop Here! Come in to this studio!"...can you make it blink and flash? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is a really striking spread. Love the circles and all the intersecting lines. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this spread...love the mostly black and white in it. I'm still waiting for my muse to show up. I enjoyed your 4th photos below...and good for you for getting smart with Pic Monkey. I like the black background and your new streamlined header :)
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh such great shapes and colors, and it all works beautifully,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!