Saturday, August 30, 2014

A Lazy Kind of Day for Art...

Today I'm enjoying some quiet time...just drawing. I have a painting in the works but it isn't ready yet. I have it on the mantel so I can look at it. That's where I "preview" or "audition" my work. I can sit back from it and see what it needs.

This is what I did today...


I had drawn out some of the outlines yesterday
so today it was all about filling in.


This is a close-up of the lower left corner.
I love doing this kind of drawing!
I can lose myself for hours doing this.

Maybe later I'll get out and go to Michael's. I need some black gesso and a couple of other things. And then maybe I'll just stay home and do more drawings...who knows. It's that kind of day. 

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous...I love doing these too...but this one is particularly stunning!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks...these relax me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is gorgeous, I love these kinds of art pieces. Have you ever framed any?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!