Followers

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Another Art Show...

This time I wasn't participating! Lee Ann, one of the women in my art journal class, was in a small art show at her church which is just down the street from where we live. HB and I went down to see her and had a good time. It was mostly young people in the art group. Here are a few of the pieces...

This tree piece was one of my favorites.
The young woman said she doodled this in class
the morning of the art show!


This is actually two paintings done by two different people.
It represents day and night.
They attached them, one right side up and
the other upside down.
I thought this was very creative.

I really like this piece.
One person looking down into a well?
And another person looking up from within.



Sorry this one is at an odd angle...
but it's still beautiful.

This is one of Lee Ann's pieces. She used some gel
printed paper on the background, "found" the bird in
the background and then drew the cage.

.
Another of Lee Ann's pieces

This is Lee Ann's work.

And this is also Lee Ann's. In person, this piece is amazing. It's all collage and each element is from a different place. The table was bare and she added the lantern. She put the window on the wall and all the other parts to this collage. The photo is sort of on an angle so it looks crooked but it isn't. I love this piece and think she did a great job with it.

A fun little art show and a pleasant evening.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, interesting, inspirations artwork! Thanks for sharing these great pieces!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the show, how nice to see others work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh really different, that must have been enjoyable. xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lovely art show. Some really nice art.
    ox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!