Friday, August 08, 2014

Coming Up for Air...

For the past month it has been non-stop around here. I'm finally coming up for air! Although it will start again in a few days and I won't be out of the woods until the end of this month.

Here's a bit of what's been going on...we had the second art show at Legacy Commons on Thursday night. It was a smaller crowd this time but still good. I sold a few small pieces and saw a lot of friends. In order to get ready for it I had to put HB to work. You see I goofed up! The Legacy Commons show was Aug 7. I entered three of my latest paintings in the local fair and they had to be delivered on Aug 2. Oops! So with no new paintings to show I fell back on some of my older art.

I took a stack of art and had it copied. Then HB mounted it on foam board...






They ended up looking so good. He used several sheets of black foam board to mount my b&w Boho girls. I used the dining room table as my staging area. Here is what it looked like for several days...



I'll share pics from the art show in a couple of days. HB hasn't downloaded them yet. Plus I have lots more to show you. Would you believe I actually made some new art!!

5 comments:

  1. its lovely when a dh helps us with our stuff! Looking forward to seeing all the photos! Sounds like you have been in a whirl of activity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy girl and keeping HB busy, too!
    ox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! You are getting a really nice Portfolio there. Way to go, and such fun when HB is involved I'm sure. I love it when Hubby helps me, and he has a good time too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow how exciting...I bet he loved helping you!! Can't wait to see more!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing this part of your process -- and what a prince to help so well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!