Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Some WIPs and a Surprise...

First I'm sharing a couple of things I'm working on right now. One is just a doodle drawing, inspired by something I saw on YouTube and the other is a marker piece I'm doing in preparation for a new painting. First the doodle drawing (WIP)...


This is the kind of thing I like to do while keeping HB company at night when he watches TV. I can doodle and still keep up with the show if I want to, or I can completely zone out and not pay attention at all.

This is the marker piece that will eventually become a painting...that may or may not look anything like this in the end! I like to test drive some of my paintings and I usually do that with markers. They're fast and easy to use and I can get results that give me a good idea as to whether or not I want to pursue it any farther.


**********************************************************
Yesterday I went to pick up my paintings from the fair. They told us to go in, find our paintings and bring them to the front to check out. I found mine right away...and thought I'd share the paintings with their ribbons. I know you're probably sick of seeing these and I apologize...

 First place/First in Abstracts

Second Place in Floral

Third place in Abstracts...
where's the painting, you ask...
it sold!

HB seems to think someone from Legacy Commons bought it but I don't know. Whoever bought it I hope they enjoy it as much as I enjoyed painting it. (If you didn't see my post about winning earlier you can go here to see the third place painting.) Plus I didn't realize that I won money for winning prizes so I had a check waiting for me for the three ribbons I won. All in all it was a good day!

3 comments:

  1. How exciting that your painting sold. Love the houses piece, reminded me of one I did. Your doodle is so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome that your painting sold. Exciting, isn't it? I really, really like that house marker test. Love abstract house paintings and with such awesome color, I see a sold sign on that one already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see all those ribbons on your work. Bravo. Your doodles continue to amaze me. xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!