Followers

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

The Second Art Show...August 7th

I spent quite a bit of time yesterday getting all the photos from the second art show all re-sized and edited. I'm very slow at that kind of thing. But here they are. This was the August 7th art show...

This is Randy. He does a photography class at Legacy Commons.


I love the big smile on this young man's face!

I didn't meet this artist but their work is beautiful.

This is my friend, Mary. She's a fantastic artist.
Notice the brown cardboard box in the bottom corner...
she even painted a flower on that!


This guy's work was really good. He calls it shadow art.
He actually painted that Lakers logo! He told me it
was more difficult that painting the face.

Incredible black and white architectural photography by this man.

This young woman's work was very interesting. 
I really like the one second from the right.
In person you can see that it's done is small squares.


This is my friend, Jeanette's display.

This is my friend, Juanita's display.
She recently took a Bob Ross painting class...
the painting of the palm trees was what she did.

This young girl had such a cute display.


The father here is the artist.
Beautiful paintings!

I love the tee shirts here.

Another young artist with her mom.

And yet another budding artist!

These were all done by Dorothy from the painting group. 

HB had a hard time getting this photo because of the sun
coming in the window. 



Just a few scenes of the crowd or lack of crowd!

 
And finally here is my display.
My blue flowers in the background had to set on a chair 
so you can't see them very good.
Many of the items displayed are prints of originals.

It was a fun experience doing my first ever art shows. I would love to do more but I think having two so close together was not such a good idea. They asked for feedback about the show so I mentioned that. And I think they need to do a better job of promoting/advertising the show. But over all I think the shows were a success...and I learned a lot.


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing all this yummy artwork. Nice to see how involved you are and that your art is out there for more to see!! Summers are when people look for art shows since they're often on holiday, have more time and seek family activities!! It's not unusual for an art festival to happen two weekends in a row generating different people each time. Enjoy!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janet, your display looked lovely! The blue flower painting is like a hand popping up and waving hello. I think art shows are a lot of work also. My favorite part is all the visiting and getting to talk to other artists. I have backed away from doing shows, but I'm in an art class now that gives a nice connection to other creative people.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a good show! I'm so glad you were part of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow all that art is amazing, and your stuff just sings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice show Janet. You did a fantastic job organizing. I especially like the art of that un-named figurative artist; haunting work. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh Janet, you lucky duck!! Look at all those cool people you get to rub elbows with.....Like meets Like!! Bless you my friend :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!