Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Three for Three...

This year I've been stepping out of my comfort zone and showing my art in more places. Last year I thought about entering my art in the local county fair but chickened out. This year I did it. I entered three paintings.

When I took the paintings over to the fair I felt intimidated by the other art I saw there but I had paid my entrance fees so I went ahead.

Monday when I arrived at Legacy Commons to teach my class, everyone at the front desk was smiling more so that usual. Then I noticed a big poster/card on an easel in the lobby that said "Congratulations Janet Briggs"...and they told me I won first place.

I had to see it with my own eyes and sure enough I won...one painting won a 1st place in its division, abstracts; another painting won a 2nd place in its division, florals;  and the third painting won a 3rd place in abstracts, the same division where I won 1st!!




I'm sorry that I look all washed out but the lighting in the building was terrible and I was very tired and hungry. HB and I had just spent four hours monitoring the photography exhibit! But at least you can see me and my paintings. I was thrilled to win on each painting I entered. Beginner's luck for sure since this is the first time I've ever entered anything in a fair.

12 comments:

  1. wow congratulations janet....well done you! And it wasnt begginers luck either... lady - you have talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, There Ya GO!! NUFF SAID!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You deserve to win your art is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get out!!! That is amazing! What an accomplishment - you are now an award-winning artist!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! How exciting! No beginners luck you won on pure talent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dang... that's so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Award-Winning Artist: Awesome!!!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting. You must be just over the moon. xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so awesome Janet. I can say "I knew you when" now. You deserve it the paintings are all wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations lady!!! Beautiful work!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bedroom's all finished...love it!
    You should be proud! Well done!!! I'm thinking the judges liked abstracts rather than posies, landscapes, or still life. Not beginners luck I'm sure of that :)
    hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! I think the honors are well deserved (and the photos and you both look terrific!) What a journey you are on! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!