Saturday, September 13, 2014

Encore Art Show

Thursday evening was the art reception for Encore at the Palmdale Playhouse and was I ever amazed. It was wall-to-wall people! So many people that you could barely move up and down the area to view the art. Luckily my piece was hanging right at the front...second one on the wall.


Once again all the overhead spotlights wash out my hair and face. It makes my hair just disappear! The good thing is I sold my painting!

After seeing all the entries I knew I didn't have a chance at winning. This is the first place winner...


It was incredible! The detail was just mind boggling. I can see why it won first place and I agree with the judges.


This is the second place winner. It's pretty amazing, too.


This is the third place winner.


This is a charcoal drawing done by my friend, Juanita.
I really like this piece.


This painting was done by a young woman in a wheelchair.


And this is a digital photo.
In person it has a real impact.

We had such a good time and there were so many more wonderful pieces of art. I saw some people from the art shows at Legacy Commons and met some new people, too. My daughter came up for the show and that was nice. There was so much food, wine, soft drinks, etc...here is some of the food...


It was a fun evening and we enjoyed every minute of it. To close things off here's a photo of me and some of my friends, or as HB calls them, "my posse"...


Now I need to get busy and make some more art!!

10 comments:

  1. Looks great!!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I'm not saying this just because I KNOW you but I would have picked TEN of yours before I picked any one of the three that placed. Just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very sincere and not just because you're my friend...but out of all those piece...your art is the ONLY one along with the charcoal that I would have hanging in my house! It's a matter of taste. I sure hope you have some good photos of the one that sold because you need to have greeting cards made up with that image... I LOVE IT!!! I am excited that it sold...but also sad... because you no longer own it!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the sale. It must be really exciting to sell something you've made.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a little late getting around but I want to add that I think your art piece was really amazing. I agree with Giggles assessment about all the art. You are having so much fun it seems, I think that's great!
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also think your painting was the best of the ones you showed, easily.
    But then that's juried art shows for you.
    Love the photo of your "posse"!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your sale Janet. I hope you put a big price on it. You know I loved it. I also liked the one that took second place. The first place one was interesting, but imagine having to dust it! LOL Keep on painting. You are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your style and your whimsical painting best of all....not just saying that. It's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy you sold your painting, it's a winner. xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your painting, Janet! Congratulations on selling it...someone is very lucky to have it hanging in their home. While I can see the talent evident in the pieces that placed, they are definitely NOT to my taste! Your definitely IS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!