Saturday, September 06, 2014

What Have I Been Up To??

I've been busy this past week. It seems as if I have something I have to do (or want to do) every day of the week. Plus I always have so many projects going on. I get bored if I do the same thing all the time. So here's a sample of a few of the WIPs I've got going right now...

Drawing a new BohoGirl...

Doing some crochet...
don't you love those colors!

A drop-stitch scarf from scrap yarn...
I'm a beginner knitter so don't look too close!

Some background papers...

Let's go into my studio and see what's happening...
don't mind all the stuff stacked everywhere on the floor!

Oops! I forgot to clean up my studio before you got here!

I only have this little patch of space left on my work table.
I guess you know what I'll be doing today!!
*********************************************
My journal class is Monday and that will mark one year since I started it. The only time we haven't had a class is when a holiday lands on Monday. I have several people who have been there from the beginning and some new people who have joined in along the way. I keep expanding the things I'm teaching them. I think it's getting to be more of a mixed media class which is fine with me. I let everyone guide me as to what they're interested in learning and I go from there.

Now I'm off to do something with that messy studio!! 
Have a good weekend...

10 comments:

  1. Ha! I wish my studio was so messy! Mine is totally out of control. I did get chunks off the floor today but small progress for the amount of time it took. Things get so out of control, so very fast!

    I do love that crocheting yarn. Stunning colors. It doesn't surprise me, though, that your yarns are filled with color. It's your marvelous sense of color that fills every painting and makes them so enchanting!

    Happy cleaning. I think I should continue to join you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love when you said you got chunks off the floor...that's how I clean my studio, too. One area gets cleaned and everything gets stacked in another part of the room.

      Delete
  2. I've been following you.....you are so busy and your art is through the roof amazing!!!! I love that you are sharing all your talents and teaching others, I so applaud you!!!
    I now want to know, and you may have already said, but what is your studio floor made of? Is that concrete? I long for a floor where I don't have to worry about paint splatter etc.
    did I say, I LOVE your art!!!
    XOXO
    p.s. studios are not meant to be all neat and tidy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have painted concrete floor in my studio. No need to worry about drips and splops!

      Delete
  3. Love your girl. Nice to see you have the hooks out (even the "sticks")! Why am I not surprised by your choice of color??!!! Purple it is!
    ox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know me too well! If it has purple, I'm right there.

      Delete
  4. Hi Janet. With a new (and first) grandbaby, I've discovered that any plans I thought I might have get trumped by the little guy. When mommy needs an extra set of hands, boy am I there. My creativity has been reduced to exploring pinterest and putting things in an Awesome Inspiration folder. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on the new grandbaby! That's more important that any art.

      Delete
  5. wish I could come to your classes , they sound like fun, and lots of learning, congratulations on 1 year in. Your studio looks like mine, but when I clean it, I seem to get more ideas and the cleaning stops and the creating begins

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lee...I wish you could come to my classes, too. What fun!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!