Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Birds and a Girl...

Some people in my journal class requested I do another demo on how I do mixed media art so I did another girl...


Most of this background was already done and had been hanging around in my studio. I just did a bit more to it and added the girl.

Then if you remember I showed another background in my previous post...I finished it yesterday. Here it is...


The lighting wasn't very good when I took this. It's much more vibrant in real life. Since I already had most of  the word "family" up at the top, and the birds were already stamped, it felt right to add a Momma bird.


I still had birds on my mind so this one came together really fast. I did most of this background in my class and added the rest once I got home.

That's all I have for now. Today is our errand day so I won't have much time for art. It's finally cooled off and we've actually had some fall-like weather...we even had a fire in the fireplace a couple of nights ago. Our first one of the season. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I hope wherever you are that you're having some good weather, too.

7 comments:

  1. Lovely artwork, Janet. My absolute favorite is the last one. That flower patterned bird is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your class must be thrilled you are there teacher, beautiful work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet, do you adhere papers for your mixed media art (the girl, the bird?) Or more/different paints and textures? They really are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, Mrs. Momma Bird is so lovely, with her striped leggings and flowered wing. And those eyelashes, oh my! Love that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the softness and transparancy of your backgrounds. Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful work Janet...I'm sure you have a very happy class! Love the profile photo of you!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your backgrounds are fabulous and so creative. Love the way you have added the birdies and the flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!