Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Thanksgiving...A Bit Late

Better late than never is my motto...I haven't had any time to post about our Thanksgiving so bear with me.

We had such beautiful weather that day. It was so warm we had the patio doors open most of the day. I think the temperature made it into the high 70's. I was actually hoping for chilly weather so we could have had a fire in the fireplace but no such luck.


The house was cleaned to within an inch of its life!!
HB helped me and it all looked so nice even if I do say so myself.
You can see the sun streaming in the front window.

.

The table was set and waiting for guests...
(I hate that chandelier!)

We had eight people including me and HB. Luckily my daughter and grandson were able to make it at the last minute. We thought they were going to have to work but they didn't. It was a fun day with lots of laughing, chatting, and mostly eating! HB cooked a 22 pound turkey and a spiral cut ham. We also had all the traditional side dishes. One of our guests brought homemade cranberry sauce which was very good. But my favorite part of the meal (any meal!!) was the desserts. I made a pumpkin pie and a turtle cheesecake. My guests brought a banana cream pie and some pumpkin bites. It was all yummy! The only food I managed to get a photo of was the cheesecake...please overlook the Christmas plate it's on. I didn't have any plate big enough except for that one. No one seemed to mind!


In case you would like to try it, the recipe for the cheesecake can be found here. It was soooo good!
**************************************************

Julie Balzar has a challenge going on this month, to carve a stamp each day. I love carving stamps so this is right up my alley. The only problem is I only had those small white erasers to carve on. So for my first day nothing too exciting...just my initials...


As you can see on my trial print, I tried two different "B" stamps but liked the one without the centers. Now I just have to get some carving blocks so I can do something a bit more exciting for the coming days. I'm not sure I'll make a stamp every single day but I will definitely make a few.

10 comments:

  1. The cheesecake looks yummy. So glad you got the whole family together and had a nice Thanksgiving. Enjoy making stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks so lovey and sounds like an amazing gathering! Wonderful stamps, I've yet to try that..but I love the B with he centers too!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good you had a happy Thanksgiving day. I think that's what it's all about, being happy inside. Since I couldn't have those pretty slippers you knitted (oh well, wouldn't work on my slippery terrazzo anyway), I bought some that looked like a rag rug and they are so nice and warm. Problem is, Ms. Wee will NOT leave them alone. She sneaks under the desk and plucks them, piece by piece. She is quick. Soon I will have naked slippers. Just now while I was busy writing this, she quietly climbed on the dining room table and threw down the placemats. Ohhhh, can I come live with you where it is peaceful? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the peek into your Thanksgiving Day, it sounds a marvellous tradition.
    Great idea to make a stamp a day, think how useful they will be in the New Year.
    So many toys, so little time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy Thanksgiving cake! Nice stamp carving there. I need to get better at that skill. xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's never to late to share beautiful holiday happenings and I loved hearing about your Thanksgiving! Interesting challenge! I admire anyone who can do a daily challenge at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your house is amazing, and your menu, the desserts had my mouth watering

    ReplyDelete
  8. Turtle cheesecake, my favorite.... I love to carve too but am too busy with christmas projects right now. I like your letters, the look great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your house looks so tidy and comfortable! I'm so glad you enjoyed the holiday...your meal sounds perfect. I had not seen Julie's stamp carving challenge. In January, I thought about doing a stamp-a-week challenge for the whole year, but then decided not to put the pressure on myself. I do love carving stamps, though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm back! Merry Christmas Janet. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!