Saturday, February 28, 2015

My Paintings on Display...

Bright colors are what I love...and that's what I like to use when I paint. 

Winter Sunset

This was inspired by something I saw on YouTube quite some time ago. I made a quick sketch in my "idea book" and promptly forgot about it. A couple of weeks ago I was going through the idea book to see if something would inspire me and Voila! This is one of the paintings that will be on display at Legacy Commons for the next couple of months. These are the others...

Planting the Earth

Above is the painting that won first place in abstracts at the AV Fair last summer.
I don't have a really good photo of it...the colors are much brighter.

Happy-ness in Red

And this one won second place in florals.

I hope to have some more new paintings to share soon. I'm trying to keep busy in the studio. See you soon!


4 comments:

  1. all the paintings are beautiful and deserved to win

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recognized your Planting the Earth painting - it is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful. Planting the Earth, of course is my favorite but I love your sense of color and freedom of movement in these. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your awards, Janet. I really like your piece, Planting the Earth.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!