Sunday, March 22, 2015

Doing a Little Catch-up...

It seems like I never have time to post anything on my blog anymore. So today I'm playing catch-up and posting about what I did this past week.

First of all, I finished my Gypsy Girl painting...


She now has eyebrows and a bit more definition. I'm happy with how she turned out.
I love using painted papers in my paintings.

************************************************
And I made a few more hats for the hospital...


These three are lavender, blue, and yellow...mostly scraps
and all knitted.


The little blue hat is my first hat in stockinette stitch.
The little red hat has a tiny brim and is crocheted. It's hard to get a good photo of it.
I was going to add a little flower to it but decided not to.
It would work for a little boy or girl if I leave it plain.

**************************************************
Earlier in the week, I spent a day making painted papers with my gelli plate. This is one of my favorite things to do. HB made me a "clothesline" so I could hang them as they dried. It works great.


It hangs beneath one of the shelves in my studio and is out of the way.


I like seeing all the colors and patterns all lined up. 


This is a view of my messy worktable in the process.


I usually make a huge mess when I do these papers but it's worth it.
Some of them will be appearing in future paintings.

*************************************************
Yesterday my daughter came to visit and we played with the gelli plate. 
She had never done anything like that so we had a good time. 
I forgot to take any pics...we were having too much fun.

Today I'm working on some other WIPs... 
so maybe I'll have more to share in a day or so. 





9 comments:

  1. Your girl is wonderful. I'm sure making those little hats gives you great pleasure... I know it does for me ... uses up the stash, too and that means MORE YARN!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Janet, it's always wonderful to see you post, and when you don't, I think of you, doing all manner of wonderful things. Love your Gypsy Girl, oh those full gorgeous lips..mmm. I finally got a Gelli Plate... I have not had the chance to play yet, but have all the supplies gathered to get to it and am looking so forward to it. Love your line to hang them on while they dry..plus great to look at them all like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janet...I like how you finished your Gypsy Girl...she's lovely!!! The hats are adorable...I'd wear one like the red one in my size...ha!
    Looks like you had lots of fun with the Gelli plate....I got one about 6 months ago and have yet to use it :) Have a good and art-filled week!!!
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great eyes!!
    Love all your gelli-printed paper - so nice to have your own printed papers on hand to work with!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been one busy woman! The gellis particularly impress me. Once you get on a roll it's pretty darned productive -- but to you I say WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to see those hats on the babies I love babies and love all your prints

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. Love it all Janet. Great idea for hanging a line under a shelf like that. You can se what you have and it is out of the way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your gypsy girl's eyes...beautiful! My mother got me a gelli plate for Christmas, and I STILL haven't sat down to play with it. I can't wait to get started. I might have to rig up one of those clothes lines...I've been wondering how I will have space to set everything out to dry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful mixed media of all kinds - you are so multi-talented- glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!