Monday, June 22, 2015

Still Just Playing...

I haven't even picked up a paintbrush since I finished the paintings for the art show! I'm hooked on making these silly magazine collages...can't stop!

(click on images to view larger)

She Had the Heart of a Pirate
Done in my over-sized journal...10.5" x 13.5"


Happiness Is...
also done in the over-sized journal.

And I'm still trying to figure out how to size my photos for Instagram. I got some good info from Happytiler so I'm trying to figure it all out. 



In the meantime, here is a photo I took of our backyard this afternoon. What was once lush and green is now brown, dead, and crispy! The drought situation here in California is very serious. And the temps have been hovering right around 100ยบ for several days. HB and I are saving every drop of water we can to keep our grapevines alive. Anything that would normally just go down the drain, is saved in a bucket to put on the vines. If you know any rain dances we would appreciate it!


7 comments:

  1. I thought of you this morning when I saw temps in the 100s in CA. Wish I could have sent you some rain when we were getting so much. I had to water this morning ... the earth is beginning to crack.... Ugh. And it is hot and humid. Always love seeing your girls. Hang in there!
    ox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can understand you needing a break from painting, after that large amount you produced for the show. Playing, and changing direction is good. Your fashion girls are very cool.

    We've had so much rain and flooding here in Texas, and are still getting more. It's been tragic in many places. as I'm sure you've seen on the national news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the
    Ex same problem with sizing I gi
    It a free app called square repost does it magically need help email me I will walk you thru it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your journal girls, you really have a good eye for that kind of work.
    It doesn't sound good with lack of water and the heat. Past midsummer and we're still freezing here, it seems this will be the year the summer never showed up. Luckily it's just to put on more clothes though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great collages, Janet! Models make such a great basis for art journal pages. I love the midi-top and high hat on the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really nice journal work Janet. I have the same crispy in my yard, but it isn't total lack of rain, it's too close to the hot hot sun on the days the rain doesn't come. Re your grapes, I saw a clip on tv this morning about the California growers in wine country. They are happy with the drought. Apparently in normal rain times, the roots go about 10' deep, but in drought they travel deeper to about 20' to find water. Apparently this produces a sweeter, although smaller grape. I know zero about grapes, just happened to see this. Maybe your grapes will survive. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janet...I had to comment on this post about the drought...it's so unfair, we had rain almost every day during the month of May and several days of rain in June. I hope CA catches a break in the drought soon!
    Nice collage work!!! That's my first art love (collage). :)
    hugs,Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!