Monday, June 01, 2015

The Color of Happy Art Show...

All the excitement is over! The art show reception was great and there was a really good turn out. The weather was beautiful...the music was perfect...and I sold two pieces right away and have a pretty good "maybe" on three others.

Everyone kept asking me earlier in the day if I was nervous but I actually wasn't. It just felt good to have it finally happening. I spent the early part of the day in the knitting class at Legacy Commons, then went home, rested a bit, and got ready. HB and I had to pick up the food trays and get them over to the Playhouse so everything could be set up.

Now that the show is open I can start showing you what I've been working on all this time. I'll only do one or two each time I post so you don't get bored with them.


This is me right before the show opened. There's a nice bar/serving area in the main lobby. I'm having my usual glass of ice water...how exciting!


This is a long look down the lobby/hallway where my art is hanging. Off to the right is the auditorium where they have plays and concerts. It's going to be a busy summer at the Playhouse so lots of people will see my art.


This is just a bit of what's going on here. HB and I went to An Evening of Jazz... so I got to see my paintings hanging before the reception. We're going to New York Here We Come on the 6th.


These are the first pieces you see as you walk in. They're hanging on a small wall facing the entry. The one on the left is 12" x 24", and it's Grandma's Vase. It's mostly collage using my painted papers. The two smaller ones are 8" x 8" and are Birds of a Feather #3 and #4. I have two more (#1 and #2) but I didn't get them finished in time.


This painting, Spring Has Sprung, is also 12" x 24". It's one of the paintings I sold. Actually two people wanted this one.

I'm sorry for the colors and darkness in the photos...it was difficult to get good photos due to the lighting. I lightened them up a bit but some are still darker than in real life.

Okay, I'm going to leave you there. I'll post more paintings in the next few days.

16 comments:

  1. Oh Janet, it looks wonderful and so do you. Your paintings looks great and I especially like the birdies. How very fulfilling it must be to exhibit like this. I hope you'll have lots of responses and sales as well. I wish you the very best of luck, and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laila. The birdies were popular at the show and I think they're sold.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous so far!! Wow so exciting to see.. looks very much like our local arts center! They do the same it's filled with an art gallery and it's also a theatre.... Violette had a show there and my friend went to it, then she was having a studio that my friend wanted me to go to... Violette and I clicked immediately!! That was a decade and a half ago!! Could you have offered to do one similar for the other person who wanted your painting...or is it just released from your soul never to be replicated.... like mine would be!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look lovely and the show looks just delightful -- I loved the paintings you showed and I now you'll have more to share soon! You'd better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Jeanie, I have more to share.

      Delete
  4. janet - a huge congratulations and so glad you shared this news with us. So pleased for you, and hope that all your maybe's, will become sold very soon! I've been enjoying your art for years now and now its the turn of many more people to also enjoy your talent and your art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Krissie...I hope lots of people get to see my art show.

      Delete
  5. Yay! You're back. I've been wondering about you and how it all went. Great how the artwork is hung, everything looks lovely. I especially like the birdies too, I am always drawn to birdies, as well as square formats. How fun it will be to see as you show us a few at a time. Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barbara...yes, I'm back. I've missed everyone.

      Delete
  6. Awesome girl! What you have shown so far is beautifully creative. I think you will be selling quite a few. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you're right, Judie!

      Delete
  7. janet these are amazing and beautiful and colorful and just awe inspiring, I love them all, I surprised you didn't sell them all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lee...I wish I could sell them all! That would be fantastic.

      Delete
  8. So happy for you - your art is amazing and it must be very gratifying to see them on display like that. LOVE the stem in your Spring has Sprung piece!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, Janet. It's wonderful to get a view like that of where your work is hanging. I love Grandma's Vase...the colors especially. Really beautiful piece.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!