Thursday, June 04, 2015

The Rest of My Art Show...


A Moment in Time
18" x 24"


Bubbling to the Top
22" x 28"


Building Blocks of Life
24" x 24"


Faded Memories
12" x 24"


Life...and So It Begins
20" x 20"


Meditation
16" x 20"


Night Blooming
24" x 24"


On Another Plane
20" x 20"


Rosalie
16" x 20"


She Waited for Him
20" x 20"


Winter Sun
16" x 20"

I think that's all of them...I had fun doing this show. And even though I went through a phase of not liking to paint, I'm glad I pushed through. I still enjoy mixed media more than just straight painting. And I'll still continue to put book pages on my canvases first, simply because I don't like the feel of paint on plain canvas...even if it's been gessoed. 

One person at the reception said some of my worked reminded them of Klimt...I considered that to be a great compliment! And another person compared some of my art to Ted Coconis, also a compliment. Everyone sees art with different eyes. That's the beauty of it. The two paintings that I was least sure about were the two that sold within minutes of opening the reception! You just never know who will like what.

So to anyone out there who reads this, don't give up if you love art. Just keep making it. First it will give you pleasure and then it will give others pleasure.

11 comments:

  1. Stunning work Janet...Love the first one...that would fit perfect in my house...all are gorgeous beyond words.....you should be so proud!! You did an amazing job...which ones sold first. The instagram art I get the most likes on are always my least favourite too!! Hard to know what people will like!! Keep at it girl!! Have a few made into cards and go to little shops and see if they will sell them for you!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow big show, how happy you must be. I saw your other post, but first chance to hop in and say hello. xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Corrine...I'm happy and exhausted!

      Delete
    2. Really nice Janet. But....there is no rest for the weary. You need to start working on the next show, which I'm sure will come along soon. The word is spreading. xo

      Delete
    3. You're right Judie...I have a few more things coming up this summer so I need to get busy being creative again. I just needed a few days to relax and enjoy some free time.

      Delete
  3. They are all so beautiful I simply can't choose one abowe another. What a huge job you've done for this, no wonder you feel exhausted. But, I agree with Judie, keep on working, you never know what lies ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janet, I honestly can't decide which I like best -- I think the ones at the beginning with all the colors but then I just kept scrolling down... I'm so glad you had fun doing the show -- it clearly was a lot of work but I hope a lot of fun, too. I'm so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Janet. LOVE all of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you should have sold them all

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic, Janet! You put a LOT of work into this, and can be very proud of what you've achieved. Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO GLAD I WAS ABLE TO SEE THESE....I ENJOYED THEM ALL BUT I THINK MY FAVORITE IS "NIGHT BLOOMING" WAY TO GO GIRL, SO DO YOU THINK YOU WILL DO THIS AGAIN ?
    I FINALLY FIGURED OUT HOW TO MAKE MY BLOG WORK AGAIN,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!