Friday, July 03, 2015

A New Face in Town!

Finally! I think I'm getting back into drawing in the evenings. For quite some time I've been occupied with other things but now I've got the urge to draw again.

Here's what I did last night...


Another one of my crazy girls!



I need your help. She needs a name.
Any suggestions??

She is done on 9" x 12" Bristol with an ultra fine Sharpie. I used a regular Sharpie for the solid black areas, and Crayola markers (cheapie!) for the red.

I'm linking to Kim Dellow's Show Your Face. I met her through Instagram and she invited me to join her weekly Art it Friday - Show Your Face. 

11 comments:

  1. First thought was her name is Consuela I have no idea why, I have never even said the name before let alone think of it!! Just a thought!! Gorgeous...oh and check out http://alisaburke.blogspot.ca/2015/06/kids-markers-tips-and-tricks-for-adults.html
    Pretty sure you will love it!! Your lady is beautiful, glad your creative mojo has returned!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Giggles, I first thought she might be Latin American, too!

      Delete
  2. She's gorgeous Janet ... Fluer comes to mind .... xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is superb, Janet! I love the red and how it 'pops' against the black. I think she looks something of a Southern Belle and the name Scarlett would suit her. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is lovely Janet. I have no clue what to call her, but I'm sure she will whisper her name to you. Glad you feel for drawing your beauties again, they're so inspiring to see and you always come up with a twist of your own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laila...I miss doing these girls. It's been quite a while since I did one.

      Delete
  5. Brilliant drawing, very striking and a lovely zentangle feel to it. I would call her Maria Fernanda :)

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad I found you and I'm super glad you linked up :) Thanks for joining and I hope you will keep doing so Janet. I am the worse at names. Just useless. *sigh*. She is wonderful, I adore her head gear. Thanks you for linking up to #ShowYourFace and for the shout out too. Kx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!