Friday, July 10, 2015

Facing the Facts...


Today I'm sharing a drawing I did earlier. I wanted to link up with Kim Dellow's Show Your Face and since I've been super busy this week I had to choose something I had already done...



Fact 1) She is drawn on sketch paper.
Fact 2) I used a Micron pen and a gray marker.
Fact 3) If you've followed my blog for very long you know I love to draw faces but I hate to draw hair and will go to any lengths to avoid doing it. This is another example of that!

Be sure to check out Kim's blog and join in on the "face" fun!

(PS - if your site says it uses cookies I don't comment...sorry!)

**********************************************

I mentioned I have been busy. I had to face the fact that my house was overflowing with "stuff." So I've been "decrapifying" my house! I saw someone use that term and it seemed perfect for what I'm doing. So far I've done the closet in the master bedroom and the closet in the guest room and here's what I have...


It's all sitting on the front porch waiting to be picked up...nine large leaf bags plus two boxes. How does this much stuff accumulate with just two people?!! I'm trying to simplify and pare down. This is just the beginning.

Have a beautiful day..........

12 comments:

  1. Ha-decrapifying- I know what you mean as I am doing much the same as our son is moving back home with us temporarily! It needed to get done anyway but his moving back and needing a room was true motivation:) I LOVE your portrait-and her hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! I adore how you do hair and now I know why! I'm finding hair super hard to do, this is a great way to do it and make a striking portrait. Good luck on the decrapifying! We need to do some of that too. We moved last year and bought it all with us to the new house and still haven't unpacked it! Thank you for linking up to #ShowYourFace and for the shout out too. Have a good weekend Janet. Kx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous face and hair! Love Decrapify...excellent word! Hope it one day becomes a scrabble word...and yes we seriously give away two large garbage bags at least once a month...and it's still never ending..and I rarely shop... Go figure...Cupcake brings a lot in though..more than goes out!! Thanks for the inspiration!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so hard to understand you hate doing hair, but when I think about it you always have your own twist on it. Just me didn't realize the reason. You do it perfect though.
    Decrapifying, that's what I should have done for ages now. Handyman starts his vacation today, perhaps I can manage to do some of it coming weeks. Enjoy the good feeling after decrapifying!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your face and the way you did the hair is beautiful! It's a great way around the difficulty in creating realistic looking hair, stylised and elegant. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on the decrapifying, I need to do some too. The drawing is so beautiful and I do love her hair :) Happy Friday!

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is so striking and the hair is amazing :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. It happens...mountains of stuff. My husband took a whole week off work the year our youngest moved out and we spent the entire time cleaning out our basement. Boy did that feel good though. I like that word...descrapifying.

    Love the way the gray marker looks in your art too!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. It happens...mountains of stuff. My husband took a whole week off work the year our youngest moved out and we spent the entire time cleaning out our basement. Boy did that feel good though. I like that word...descrapifying.

    Love the way the gray marker looks in your art too!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Janet...love love this drawing! I didn't know about Kim's site. Maybe I can try it next week.
    We did some decrapping of our crap earlier this year. It feels good to get rid of crap you aren't using or is just hanging around taking up space.
    Have a good weekend!
    hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great face. Good for you to be patient with those lovely lines. De- whatever, me too. Over time. There is always more to be done isn't there. xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful face and I love the way you did the hair. Good word, decrapifying. I go in stages of doing that, then slow down and stop for awhile. Then I can't stand it and get started again. Have slowed way down on bringing anything IN...so why is there still so much "crap" to be dealt with. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!