Saturday, July 25, 2015

Lost...But Finding My Way

This is going to be me just rambling today. And I'm inserting some of my already seen art because that's all I have right now! It's Saturday morning and I'm studying! Yep...me, studying. I'm determined to learn how to be successful at selling my art online. By successful, I don't mean I want to become a millionaire!! I'm not in it just for the money. I love to create. I want to be able to get my art "out there" and have it seen/purchased by people. My biggest thrill is when people see my art and smile. That makes it all worthwhile to me.



As I've said numerous times on here, I'm not a techie person. I get confused easily. I didn't grow up with computers so it's all been new territory for me. (Remember, I'll be 72 this September so I'm no spring chicken!) It's a struggle for me to just change the banner/header on this blog! But I want to have an attractive blog that people feel happy to see and want to visit.


I don't have a lot of $$$ to spend on having someone create a new blog for me so I'm trying to learn new things...stretching and taking risks. In the coming days/weeks you might see some weird things happening on my blog. Just know that it's me learning...trying to make it better for you and more enjoyable.


If any of you out there who read my blog have any suggestions as to where I can find info on sprucing up my blog, please let me know. Also tell me what you like and don't like about the way it looks right now.


I'm trying to fan the flames of my own creativity...to get things moving...to get serious about learning new things. My mind is whirling with ideas that I want to implement in the coming months but I need a good solid base to work from. That's what my blog is for me. It's my base. My starting point.

photo from online

This is where I feel like I am right now. More lost than very lost...but still not where I want to be. The road ahead may be twisty and turny but I hope it smooths out as I go along. So buckle your seat belts. We're in for a bumpy ride!!

4 comments:

  1. Good for you! May I suggest you find the blogs you love the look of, then emulate them somewhat...adding your own style and flavour/ colours!! So it says JKBEES when we enter. For instance find your very favorite piece of art that you've created...we all have one...and make it your header...it's very easy!! Throw your painting into windows paint program and add font to the bottom!! Or grab a few paintings.. What do you want your blog to say to the world? Who are you in a quick blurb... for instance" A late bloomer whose art is more delectable with age!" just a silly example but you know what I mean! Content with regularity is your best bet... pick the colours you love...make your blog scream Janet!! Hope that helps a bit! Blogger is very easy to navigate...just go to advanced settings and play around... you can always go right back to what you have as long as you don't hit APPLY TO BLOG.... you can see how everything will be otherwise!! Good luck...email me if you need some help!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling, but sometimes I find something and it goes away. I am back writing my second novel, and that lostness has gone for a while. I like what Sherry said, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your speaking to the choir sister lol it's not about The money it's about being an artist I will help with the blog I am not great but I can do a few things

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fabulous sign. Well, actually, from my perspective I think you are further along than YOU think you are. I don't know what rock I've been under but I just noticed your new banner, which is very clean and expresses your work very well. Now, maybe this is new and as I was catching up with posts, I'm seeing it (because every old post will have THIS banner!) but I love it. One thing you MIGHT consider is having a gallery page with some of your favorites. I don't have that yet but keep thinking of doing it. If you like, you can offer it for sale or "contact me for pricing information"). Blogger makes it easy to add the pages. I'm eventually moving MOST of my right rail over to a page to help declutter it. Right now the Cork Poppers page is up and I'm working on Gallery and Travel pages. If you decide to check it out and have trouble, let me know!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!