Saturday, July 04, 2015

No Fireworks...But I Have Flowers

If you're in the US, Happy 4th of July!! 

Sorry, I have no fireworks for you...everything is too dry here to take a chance. Still no rain for us. HB and I now have a very lovely beige yard that crunches when you walk over it. I'm trying to conserve water every way I know how.

And we're getting estimates on xeriscaping our yard. Lots of rocks and natural desert plants. Not sure why it wasn't done that way in the beginning. I've always thought it was crazy to have grass in the yard in the desert! And only until recently it was a city rule that you had to maintain grass in your front yard!! I wish I knew whose bright idea that was. Thankfully that has been suspended.

No flowers in my yard...
but I do have flowers blooming in my head. 
They don't need any water to survive and flourish...


Another evening of "watching" TV with HB...


I sit and draw and color and we're both happy.
This was done on 9" x 12" Bristol...
using Crayola markers and Sharpies.

The markers in the link above look just like the ones I recently bought at Walmart but I only paid $6.99 for mine! I like all the different colors the set has...50 markers...lots of choices. And for drawing on the couch they're perfect. No mess. (I'm not affiliated with Crayola in any way! I've just been a big fan since I was a little kid.)



11 comments:

  1. Hi Janet...happy 4th! I'm sorry about your beige yard, I'd share some of my green with you if I could. It makes sense to landscape with rocks and desert plants.
    I like Crayola markers too...your flowers make a big splash of color!
    ...about my duct tape in my journal...I haven't had any problems with the tape staying in place but I definitely prefer the sewn book bindings. I wanted to try ONE more time.
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you, our lawn is nothing but a sad memory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like you, our lawn is nothing but a sad memory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is some lovely work done watching TV. It makes perfectly sense to choose the crayolas while working in the couch.
    I'm sure you'd get a beautiful garden if you adjust it to the climate, even here people are getting rid of the grass. Not because it's dry, but they won't spend time keeping their gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think there is a zinnia called fireworks! Your painting reminds me of zinnias. Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  6. pretty flowers. I am sure you will find that you love the xeriscape when it's done and there will be a few flowers too! Xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful Janet. On Bristol, with Crayola?? Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful Janet. On Bristol, with Crayola?? Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful Janet. On Bristol, with Crayola?? Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blooming flowers give me great happiness! Ah, the yard. A mixed blessing, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are stunning flowers...probably one of my very favorites!! Love the colours too... This NEEDS to be cards... could be birthday, get well, thank you...so versatile!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!