Saturday, July 11, 2015

Rapunzel...It's Serendipity

Last evening I started doing an abstract line drawing with nothing much in mind. This morning I got it out again and started working on it. At one point I turned the paper completely around and Voila!! I saw a head and shoulders in the drawing! So I went with it...meet Rapunzel!


You can see the spiral edge on the right...when I began drawing I was using the tablet of paper with the spiral to the left. Turning it around was the key. I love serendipitous art!


HB said she looked like Rapunzel with all the hair. At last, I did some hair!! Well, sort of.

4 comments:

  1. This is so pretty. All of that hair in it's beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really neat drawing Janet. It reminds me a lot of the pre-Raphaelite drawings of Sir Edward Burne-Jones, how he did a lot of those swirly lines in his art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really neat drawing Janet. It reminds me a lot of the pre-Raphaelite drawings of Sir Edward Burne-Jones, how he did a lot of those swirly lines in his art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful...I'm just catching up....can you tell?

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!