Friday, July 24, 2015

Show Your Face...and Some Other Things, Too

Here I am again...just popping in to give you an update on what's been going on around here. First of all, this is Friday so that means Kim Dellow is doing Show Your Face. I'm bringing out an oldie to share this week. It's one of my personal favorites. I hope you like it, too.

Her Cat Went Everywhere With Her

I did this face at least a year ago. 
It's in one of my art journals.


Here's a close-up of her face and the cat.
I had fun with this one.

Now if you just popped over for Show Your Face you may not want to stick around for the rest of this post...that's okay 'cause I'm gonna talk about other stuff.
*****************************************

I have been doing a little bit of drawing in the evenings. This girl is very art deco to me and she isn't finished yet. You might be able to see some pencil doodles on the left side of her headdress. I'm trying to decide what I want to do in that area.


She's definitely a WIP...not sure where she will lead me but so far I like her.

*********************************************
And I'm continuing with my decrapifying of the house. I saved the worst/best room 'til last...my studio. It seems to be in a constant upheaval no matter what I do. It's a small room...only about 10' x 10' with a big window on one wall and double doors on another. There's very little wall space because I used one of the solid walls as book shelves. There's a LOT that goes on in this room so if I don't keep after it, it gets crazy very quickly.


I still have more work to do...but most of these shelves have been re-done.
There's still some open space and that's good...
but there's still stuff stacked on the floor.


This is my work table and as you can see, it's not been cleaned off. I'm using it as my sorting area so everything gets dumped on it while I'm cleaning and re-organizing. I have red rosin paper taped over the entire surface...that's blue painter's tape along the edges holding it in place. I'm getting close to the finish line. And believe it or not, I've taken three armloads full of books to the senior center and my book area is still stuffed. I have the toughest time getting rid of books!

So now you know what I've been doing while I haven't been blogging! I hope to be finished with this decrapifying before too much longer...although I plan to keep at it so things don't pile up again. I have a fairly big house but I must say whoever designed it wasn't thinking! There's a lot of wasted space, and since the house is so open there isn't a lot of wall space in any of the rooms. Bad for an artist!

Okay, I'm off to finish that studio space...see you soon!!















27 comments:

  1. She's beautiful, in color and expression....and the cat....A cat in a Hat. HaHa. It reminds me of a Children's book, Miss Honeycutt's Hat. I love the one you are working on...very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS I just read and enjoyed your profile, we are in the same age group, I'm 74 years young and loving this age.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous art work and a lovely messy Studio. Happy Friday!

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maarit...I try to clean my studio but it seems to work best when it's messy.

      Delete
  3. I love the lady with the cat in her turban and the WIP too. My daughter adores cats! I can imagine her carrying our beloved ginger cat around like this! Your drawing skills are great. I love your sense of line. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie Ann Lee...I love cats, too. We have two but I doubt if either one would let me carry them around on my head!

      Delete
  4. Just wondering if decrapifying is in the dictionary. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it isn't it should be!!

      Delete
  5. I love your space. It's so well organized! Mine is a total mess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep trying different things to organize. It's such a small space for so many things.

      Delete
  6. Lovely work - nice to see that lovely face with the cat in the turban, great idea. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your picture, and I love your cat in her hat. Loving my cat as I do I also think it is a fab idea. Hugs Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the detail in your lady , the folds in the scarf, the beautiful shading. And I really like the composition, I'm hoping to do more shoulders showing , top of body compositions. I like it, gives you a little bit more information. And I like your "decrapifying" process, I need to do me some decrapifying too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tiffany! Decrapifying seems to be catching on with everyone...somehow I think we can all relate.

      Delete
  9. Ha! Love decrapifying. It should be a word in the dictionary. I love your work space. I have a piano in mine. Love your shelves and how you can see everything.

    Now to the artwork. LOVE LOVE it! I love it on Instagram too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Suz...I love your art on Instagram, too.

      Delete
  10. I like your WIP very much and the cat lady is great too! Your studio space looks wonderful! It looks as if you are making good use of your space!
    hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying but in such a small space it does get challenging.

      Delete
  11. Your cat lady is one of my very favorites of your ladies. I mentioned your term "decrapifying" to the ladies at the pool yesterday and they all cracked up. Many of them are in my same age group and agree we need to downsize our STUFF/CRAP. I'm working on my decrapifying, it's slow going, but at least going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think everyone can do a bit of decrapifying. I probably could do several people's share.

      Delete
  12. Fabulous artwork Janet... your art studio is amazing...however don't clean it up to much...remember what happened last time you did that...you had a huge lull!! Just sayin...lol

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do remember. I'm only getting it to a place where I can actually get to the things I need.

      Delete
  13. As you might expect, I love your cat lady! But what I really love is your magnificent purging efforts and how great they look. The studio is looking excellent. I'm like you -- little wall space because of shelves. I love the shelves; couldn't do without them. But I do wish I had a little more space to display some of the things from my favorite artists/friends. In fact, your painting is one of the few I have displayed! It is the perfect size and it always makes me smile! One does get a bit crazy when looking at the inspiration board and it's one thing on top of another and you can't see what inspired you in the first place! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. PS -- love the banner!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness. *LOVE* love both but I think the lady with the kitty and the wonderful face on both the lady and the kitty is amazing. Really love! So glad you linked it up to Show Your Face, thank you and thank you for the shout out too. Kx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!