Saturday, August 01, 2015

A Lazy Saturday For Me...

Last night I stayed up late watching art videos on YouTube and Vimeo. Big mistake! Then I couldn't go to sleep because I had so many ideas rolling around in my head. Do you ever do that?

So today I'm late getting anything posted and it's going to be a mish mash of different things. First of all I got the photo from my second buyer showing her painting in her home.


It's the perfect size for that little wall. I hope she enjoys it, and that it brings her happiness when she sees it each day.
**********************************************
A few days ago I was talking about art journaling so I thought I'd share a couple of other pages with you. These first two use one of my favorite and least expensive art supplies. Good old masking tape.



This is a snippet of a page I did using masking tape. I smooshed on some paint, and then tore pieces of masking tape and put them all over the page. I went around the tape with a dark pencil...probably my Stabilo but I don't remember for sure. People told me it looked like Asian writing. I think the smaller, pink writing is a stamp. I did that over everything. 



This one is much the same except it was done in an old book and part of the page is still showing through. No paint involved on this page. I remember doing this one after I received a package in the mail. It had a lot of that very thin, cheap brown paper all wadded up as cushioning for the package. I tore that paper up and used it on the background. Then tore my masking tape the same as on the other page. I added a quote and some large black dots and that was it. This page cost me almost nothing to make.


This is one of my favorites. I did it for a challenge called "the one that got away." At first, like I'm sure everyone did, I thought about fishing or about girls trying to catch a husband! But then I decided to go simple. I used a stencil for the numbers and put the "one" over on the side as if it's escaping. It just has some layers of paint smooshed on the background, probably with an old credit card. Simple simple.

If you really have the urge to work in an art journal, just remember you don't need a lot of fancy stuff to do it. You just need your own imagination and a few simple items. You can make your own stencils and stamps. There are tons of videos about how to do that. And Julie Balzer has some excellent classes about making your own stencils and stamps. 
******************************************

Okay, that's it for today. I think I'll be napping this afternoon! 
Or maybe I'll play in one of my art journals.

1 comment:

  1. Love the buyers photo of your art...looks wonderful there!! Yes I have late night creative sessions....they go in spurts and my time get befuddled.Embrace it, happens to some of the most renowned artists! As well as musicians and writers! Great journal pages...I am always that one escaping...lol

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!