Tuesday, August 04, 2015

Faces, Faces, and More Faces...

I took Sunday off to just relax and somehow it just went right into Monday, too. But I'm back today and talking about art journaling again. I'm working on two new paintings and when I finish them I'll share. It should only be a day or so until I finish.

In the meantime I thought I'd share with you a few more faces from my art journals. I love doing faces and I've changed the way I do them as you will see from these older ones...


This one is an old favorite. I bought a Canson 9" x 12" All-Media book with the idea to fill it with just faces. This is the first page. I didn't manage to do that but I did start out with a few...these are all from 2010.


You may notice another theme going on here. I talked previously about my love of dots and circles and how they show up in a lot of my art...another thing is, I hate to draw or paint hair so I use all sorts of ways to avoid that. Here it was doodles.


Here I was trying a different pose...and again, the hair is doodled. This is one of the few redheads I've ever done.


This is another of my favorites. I don't always go for "beauty" when I do faces. This one is pulled art; where I saw something in the background and developed it. I like her quirky look and the colors.


This is a collage of a few more of my quirky faces. The one on the left is only a partial of the entire painting and I love her! She is another example of pulled art. The smaller (partial) ones on the right are from one of my moleskines.


For a change of pace, this is a magazine face with added big eyes. I like making these composite faces, too.

Faces come in all shapes, sizes, and colors. Some are beautiful and some are quirky and some are odd but I enjoy bringing them to the page.  And who knows, maybe one of these days I'll actually fill one of my art journals with faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!