Thursday, August 06, 2015

Hundertwasser and Me...

For most of the early part of this year and into the late spring I did nothing but paint so that I would have enough paintings for my art show. I think I got burned out on painting! Since then I've barely done any painting until just recently. I had two canvases that I had started for the show but I didn't have time to finish them so they have been quietly sitting in my studio.

Each time I went in the room I would see them and think "I need to finish those" but I had no interest in doing that. Recently it all started to come back to me...the urge to paint. I thought about starting something new but those two canvases kept reminding me that they weren't finished.

So today I'm sharing with you the first one I finished. I almost painted over this canvas a couple of times because I didn't know where it was going. I'm glad I kept going with it.

Spires
12" x 36"

When I started this painting I was inspired by the work of Friedensreich Hundertwasser. I love his weird buildings and use of bright colors. I don't begin to think my painting looks anything like his work but it still inspired me.

1 comment:

  1. I like your painting mucho better than any I saw of Hundertwasser. I can see the inspiration, but yours is more colorful, and very different. Me likes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!