Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Switching From Google+ Back to My "Normal" Blog...

I have had such an experience over the past week. As you may know, I switched my blog to Google+ thinking that it would improve things and maybe increase traffic. It ended up being a nightmare! If someone wanted to comment on my blog they had to join Google+ and I didn't want that. I never like to be forced to join things and I didn't want that to be going on on my blog.

So I disabled Google+...or so I thought. But my comment section remained with it. No problem. I'll just google how to fix that, right? Not so fast. I tried every way of searching my particular problem but found nothing except how to disable Google+ which I had already done.

After much pulling of hair, ranting, steam coming out of my ears, etc. I finally got a solution. I had to go back and join Google+ again and disable it again. Apparently I got caught in some computer vortex and it wouldn't let go. Now I'm safely back to my normal comment section and all's well that ends well. So if you have been just dying to comment on my blog, feel free to do so. I promise you won't have to join anything!

***************************************

In the midst of all this my creative mojo took a back seat but I did manage to do one collage in my art journal...


I used several different magazine bits for this. One page for the background with the castle, another for the pink furry coat, another for the pink fluff at the back of her coat (it's her dress flowing out in a train! I wanted it to be lower in the collage but when I started to put it down the glue stuck and that was it.) another image for her head, a ring for her hat, and another rose image for her flower. Oh, and I added the arm and the padlock, too. A bit of washi tape around the edges and she's finished. Not anything spectacular but at least I managed a bit of creativity in all the chaos. Doing these fun collage pages always relaxes me. I get lost in all the bits and pieces and just play.

Please, let me know if the comments are/aren't working.  

21 comments:

  1. Checking in to check and see how you all are doing!! Sending love and best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Janet! Could I suggest you make your artwork larger on this blog though. It's very small on my large pc. So glad everything is recovered back to normal!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made some of them larger.

      Delete
  3. I feel the same way about collage, just a meditative thing. Glad you sorted it out. xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Corrine...it was a challenge for me but I persevered.

      Delete
  4. Lovely, much better!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh goodie....you know how I love playing with paper dolls, that is what this reminds me of. Glad you got things back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Janet....I'm glad you finally figured out how to get rid of Goggle plus...yay!
    This is a cool collage piece you made. Collage and doodling are two great ways to relax!
    hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really really like this collage Janet. I think it would make a good painting! Even an abstract painting. Good job. About Google....they seem to take a long time to fix things. Sometimes I have to wait several days before whatever I change gets done. You know though, I sure would like to work there! Good pay, free food, long vacations.....sigh....never happened in my day. I really would love to see you use this collage as a basis for one of your colorful abstract paintings. So happy you are blogback!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I live in terror of being sucked into Google+ and never being able to get out, so if it ever happens I'll come to you for advice!
    Love your pink collage, you could call it your "Escape celebration".

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a bunch of crazy! But I am glad you are back to doing and sharing your art again -- and right HERE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read last week that G+ is separating from Youtube, so perhaps it will do the same with Blogger? I'm glad you got it all sorted out. I have to wonder how long G+ is going to be around.

    I really like your collage piece. Very create, and PINK!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hate the Google vortex. lol I love your collage! I Googled how to do something and there was one answer by the Google team that didn't seem to help anyone. I am seeing that more and more with Google.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome back love your collage

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi ~ Sorry you had so much trouble with Google. I'm a member of it, and it is letting me comment just fine.
    I love your page ~~ she's lovely, "Pretty in Pink"....love all the different textures. I will learn from you gals that really know how to do Art Journals.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This whole commenting and Google + stuff is so frustrating. I just finally decided to roll with it. I left Wordpress (my failed experiment) and returned to blogger. Now I just comment any way I'm allowed to depending on the set up I see. And I have no idea what MY comment box selections are. Oh, well, I'll just roll with that, too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This whole commenting and Google + stuff is so frustrating. I just finally decided to roll with it. I left Wordpress (my failed experiment) and returned to blogger. Now I just comment any way I'm allowed to depending on the set up I see. And I have no idea what MY comment box selections are. Oh, well, I'll just roll with that, too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This whole commenting and Google + stuff is so frustrating. I just finally decided to roll with it. I left Wordpress (my failed experiment) and returned to blogger. Now I just comment any way I'm allowed to depending on the set up I see. And I have no idea what MY comment box selections are. Oh, well, I'll just roll with that, too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Sweet friend, I feel this is a accident that I am on here. Arney is going to see what we can do to get this fixed. Glad you were able to get back to normal, I am hoping that I will. You will know cause I will be back here...I miss you and just the sharing even if it is just my day. Love, Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!