Tuesday, August 18, 2015

The Latest From Where I Am...

The past few days have not been so good for me. I've had a yukky tummy bug of some kind, and spent all day yesterday in bed. It finally got the best of me. Today I feel somewhat better but it hasn't let go of me yet. And the weather hasn't helped much with temps hovering around 104º for the past few days. Today it promises to be just a tad bit cooler...only 99º!!

**********************************************
Once again I have very little to share with you but I did have one bright spot in my day yesterday. Look what the postman brought me...


Nine luscious bottles of Daler Rowney inks. I'm getting ready for a class I just signed up for...it's Paint Mojo with Tracy Verdugo. I can't wait! I love her style which is somewhat like Flora Bowley's. I took Flora's first online class and was a little disappointed. The videos weren't always the best and I only had a short period of time to watch them. With Paint Mojo I'll have a year. I treated myself to this class with some of the money I made from my art show.

I think I'll be laying low for the rest of the day...maybe I'll manage to do a bit of sketching later.

9 comments:

  1. wow! these inks look luscious! i'll have to check them out! have fun with the class...can't wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took Tracy's annihilate class and loved it. Thought the videos were very good. One day I'll take another of her classes. I need to catch up on what I've paid for and not done yet! Ha! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious as to how you plan on using your inks. Can you paint on fabric with them and are they permanent when dry? I'm thinking in terms of art quilts.
    Have fun, and I hope that you are feeling better.
    Your blogging sister,
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you thought it might be the water...maybe switch to bottled water for a bit and make sure to stay hydrated...it could be that too...maybe have a gatorade and see if that helps.... Feel better soon dear lady!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you to be taking Tracy Verdugo's or Flora Bowley's class. I hope to one day. And I just bought one of the Daller Rowney inks- olive green and love it. I am enjoying seeing you on IG but I am also following you here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read her book lucky you taking the class

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those FW inks. I signed up for the class before the price goes up. Thanks for mentioning about it.
    hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ms. Janet, please rest and feel better. Get HB to wait on you. Then, after you feel better, milk it a little. You deserve it. Juicy looking inks! I know you will produce some awesome art with them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bummer Janet, but I hope by now you're feeling a bit better. Nothing is worse than feeling crummy when it is so darned hot!

    But indeed -- you DID add a little color to your life with that package! I'll look forward to seeing the results!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!