Friday, September 11, 2015

More Art Journal Pages...I Can't Quit!

I'm sure you're noticing an absence of something here on the blog...what is it, you say...FACES!! At the beginning of the month I said I would unofficially be doing 29 Faces this month, then I decided to just go for it so I made it official. That was the kiss of death!! I haven't done one single face since then! I'm not sure what is wrong with me (if anything) but every time I actually join in on a challenge I quickly lose interest. I used to love to do faces but lately I haven't been in the mood for them.

I am taking a wonderful class called Creating Soulful Art with a Story. So far I've watched about half the videos and I'm very happy with the content. She also does a video on how to paint hands! And you can't beat the price of this class...only $25! I'm hoping it will get me inspired to paint some faces.
********************************************************
About the only thing I want to do right now is work in my art journal. I'm having so much fun with it. I hope you aren't getting tired of seeing all my pages. I seem to get obsessed with one thing and just do it until I get my fill, then move on to something else. Here are my latest pages...


A few people asked me about this process. I learned it through a friend.
I don't feel comfortable sharing too much of this process
but I'll show you a couple of stages in my pages. 


This is the beginning...paint, some acrylic inks, 
and sometimes I add some washi tape as I did here.
Just be messy!!


Then I start auditioning some images I've randomly pulled out.
I like parts of this but something is off.


This is the final selection just before I glued them all down.


Above is the final result. After gluing everything down 
I begin to doodle...this is my favorite part.


Here's a close-up of the left page...


and here's a close-up of the right page.
My pages don't resemble the original technique very much
but that's good. It means I learned something 
and put my own spin on it.

Mostly it's just the way I like to create...magazine images randomly chosen, bright colors for the background, and doodles. (I just noticed that the dot over the "i" in my name above is right in the center of one of the heads!! I didn't plan that.)

My favorite section of this page is the upper left corner with all the hanging lanterns that I extended down the side. And of course, I love all the dots and circles.

This spread also has an arch which I like and didn't even think about as I was gluing things down. It starts with the stack of bowls on the lower left, up to the pomegranate, to the circle and across to the flower petals. I love when things like that happen on my pages. 

Today I'm posting to Kate Robertson's Express Your Creativity and Julie Balzer's Art Journal Every Day. But don't forget about Kim Dellow's Show Your Face. Even if I don't have anything to post there this week, you should still stop by to see what others are doing.

I guess it's good that I'm creating in my art journal since my class starts up again on Monday. I'm looking forward to seeing some old friends and some new faces. I'll be sharing some things from my class here on the blog. Wish me luck!!

8 comments:

  1. Oh I love this play by play Janet...they are gorgeous pages!! My favourite part is the bowls and then the lanterns too.. I have tried to find some good white pens to do things like this!! Enjoy the new class I'm sure it will be a hoot!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fun and I'm so glad you shared your process. The thing that resonates with me that I don't do is the doodling. It really makes the page. I know probably not every page accounts for it well but certainly in the ones you've shown it really elevates it! Very nice, Janet, and a good, easy explanation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such fun pages! I love the vibrant colors and the way you combined so many different elements to make the finished pages. Really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice ones Janet. The beauty is in the detail, and you do awesome detail to bring a page to beautiful, eye catching completion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really fun way to create, Random becomes cohesive. xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved seeing the process Janet. I love how your doodling extended from the picture. Fantastic. It fun that we will both be teaching journaling this week.

    Thanks for linking.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved seeing your process! It always amazes me to see where we start and where we end up! So different. You have inspired me.

    Thanks for coming by my blog so I could find you. I'm loving your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving your journaling shares Janet. I think that might be one of the reasons I didn't join in 29 faces, I only just about keeping up with Show Your Face LOL! Thank you so much for the shout out even without the face share. You know you are always welcome whenever the face mojo comes a visiting again no pressure! Kx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!