Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Doing Things the Wrong Way...

It's been quite some time since I've done a journal spread that didn't involve collage. Yesterday for my class I had everyone do a background, then draw some "strings" along the top of their pages and hang something from them. Later the string lines can be used to journal. I saw something like this on Pinterest and decided to change it up and make it my own. Here is what I did...


I'm calling this spread String Theory...


it reminds me a bit of Christmas ornaments!


I guess it 'tis the season...almost!


You knew it would HAVE to have circles and dots!


As for the title of this post, this spread was done sort of "bass ackwards" as I drew on my shapes first and then realized I hadn't done a background. The shapes were just drawn over a gessoed page in my current art journal, which is an altered book. I had to paint around all the shapes I already had on the pages so my background is a little splotchy. Then it was time for my favorite part...embellishing! 

I can't wait to see what everyone does with this project. Only a couple of people finished theirs in class.

5 comments:

  1. I was certain it was Christmas balls! I think a painting like that could sell well right about now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! You created a lot of depth by painting the background after!! Hope you post the others too...it does have the seasonal feeling!!

    Hug Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do things the wrong way everyday. Lovely colorful baubles. xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see how these could later be used in a collage journal page. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is no right or wrong way to journal. I love this page. I agree it's easier to do the background first but it's not wrong to do so. Ok lecture over, great page, I may try this prompt too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!