Friday, January 15, 2016

Keeping Busy...

Here it is Friday and time for Express Your Creativity with Kate Robertson. She always has a lot of things going on and it inspires me to try and do more. So here goes...



On my messy work table right now is another journal spread I'm working on. I started with some blue for the background, then added some magazine pieces that mostly have geometric shapes in them. I've only just started this spread so there's a loooong way to go before it's finished.

  
Here's another shot of it.

********************************************************
I'm also working on this...


It has a lot more to be done on it, too. I saw this on You Tube but can't seem to find it now. I wanted to give credit and make a link. I hate when that happens. This is a combination of acrylic paints, watercolors, paint pens, and colored pencils...really a mixed media piece!

***************************************************
Lastly, in the evenings I've been doing a bit of crochet. Recently I sorted through all my yarn and came across several squares that I had done. I decided to continue on with them and use up all the bits of plain Red Heart-type yarn that I have. I think I'll have enough to make a couple of throws.


So far I have about 20 squares finished.


It's a very simple one-color granny square. When I found the ones I had done previously there was no pattern with them but I was able to look at one and figure it out. This is a close-up of one of the squares. I'm using a "G" hook and the squares are about 6.5".

I have a new blog just for my knitting and crochet because I like to keep things separate. You can find it at this link:  A Wee Bit of Yarn

Thanks for taking the time to read this and to see what I'm doing.

6 comments:

  1. You have been busy doing all these beautiful things. Your spread looks impressive. Love the bright colours of it as well as beautiful flower painting.
    Thank you for visiting my site.
    Happy weekend ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOKS GREAT!
    LOVE the blues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your projects. I found some crochet squares I had done for an afghan - now I must sew them together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm liking the birds and flowers art, Janet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are really pretty -- love anytime you use blue! I have some knit squares that size (they were supposed to be coasters but they never seemed to gel for me. Good idea about linking them together but I know for me there aren't enough!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful journal spread. Makes me think of all the power lines we saw in America. Your canvas is looking good as well.
    For long I had lots of unfinished squares as well, but I've finally made them into a large blanket,and I'm so happy for it. Pinks, reds, orange and light grey to balance it out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!