Thursday, January 28, 2016

My Art Journal Class Last Monday...

It's been another busy week and I'm just now getting around to show you my art journal class from this past Monday. I had some new women this week. Here they are busily working on their projects...


We are so lucky to have such a wonderful facility for our senior center. As you can see the room is large, bright and airy. I have a white board where I write an inspirational quote each week. There's a long counter across the one side of the room with a sink for washing brushes and lots of storage underneath for magazines and other stuff.

And here's what some of them did...


Be sure to click on the photos to see them larger.

 This is on glossy photo paper and they she will use alcohol to move it around.

She cut out most of the birds from a colored magazine page.


This was a new person in our class. She said she had never done any kind of art before.
I think she did a great job of this.

I have a very good group for my class and they put up with my craziness. Next week we're starting on a project to make out own journals. That should be fun. Until then...happy creating!!


4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful space to teach in, Love it. Everyone has lots of room to stretch out and create. xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some excellent students -- and a nice area for them to have room to work. As you might guess, I am especially fond of the cat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I would LOVE to be able to draw like that. These women are truly artistic and gifted. You are an excellent teacher, too, because they seem to have learned a lot from you.

    Way to go, Janet. Bleubeard gives the cat two paws up, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice, Janet! I too, like the cat. I wonder if the red dot means she is a married kitty. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!