Tuesday, February 02, 2016

Combining T for Tuesday with 29 Faces...

As you probably know if you've read my blog for very long, I'm always "trying" to do 29 Faces when it comes along. And I usually don't finish! I get bored somewhere around the 10th day or so. But nevertheless I'm giving it another go.

Since it's also time for T for Tuesday I thought I would combine them today. Almost every morning when it's cold weather (and it's cold here today. It got down to 25ºF last night) I like to have a cup of something warm to start my day. So here are my faces for yesterday and today along with my warm drink...

 This is my first sketch for 29 Faces.
I may continue on with a pen but not sure.

This is my sketch for today.
And in both pics you can just see a little bit of my mug.


 I made this book from old file folders and the cover off an old hardback book.
I'm using it for my 29 Faces with the hope that having a "special" book
will entice me to keep drawing faces.
I covered the old cover with a not-so-good gelli print.


And here is a close-up of my mug. My husband gave this to me several years ago for Christmas. It reads "It's Good to be Queen" because I always tease him that I'm the queen of our home. And my drink is what I usually refer to as fake coffee...because it is! It's a grain beverage with no caffeine and (to me) it tastes quite a bit like coffee.

Thanks to Elizabeth for hosting T for Tuesday. It's fun to think of some way to add a drink into my posts each week.

16 comments:

  1. Love your faces, and the mug is fantastic, good that your hubby acknowledges that you are the queen! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your faces are really beautiful Janet. I thought about doing the challenge and even got a little book out for it but I have so many other things that I just didn't want one more thing:) Every woman should have one of those cups! Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy seeing other people´s self-made journals; I make my own, too, and am always looking for inspiration. Yours is gorgeous! Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely faces! and cool book you made to put them in...great mug too! happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy cow, Janet. You draw so, so well. Your faces are gorgeous. I am so intrigued by the second one, especially.

    I'm a BIG fan of using recycled materials, and I'm also a big fan of using used file folders. They hold up well to just about everything, and I've only found one pen that leaked through to the other side. I love the gelli print, because mine never turn out this good.

    Gotta love that mug. The queen has definitely spoken.

    Thanks for sharing your mug, your new book, AND your beautiful faces with us for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always do such fabulous hair and headdresses. xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember once you said, I don't have facebook, well I guess you can't say that anymore. You should never stop drawing and painting faces, Janet, you're my absolute hero when it comes to that. Your girls have something I haven't been able to find anywhere else. You put so much grace into them.

    Oh, I remember your mug, I painted it once. Cool to see it again. Thanks for your words, it made me smile as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your beautiful girl faces are so stunning. Clever you.
    I like your 'queen' mug. Yes, I drink fake coffee too. It's a chicory based product, which i quite like.
    Have a good week,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your queen mug! Yup, it is good to be the queen! Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both the faces look beautiful. I'm inspired to start this challenge now. Have done it before and have immensely enjoyed it. The mug looks fabulous. I'm the only 'girl'in my family so I understand what your statement-:)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great faces so far and I love your hand made journal :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant file folder journal you made Janet AND your faces are gorgeous.
    Great mug because yes indeed it IS good to be Queen ;-)
    Happy T Day
    and Happy February too.
    oxo
    p.s. thank you for visiting my Magpie's Nest!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL! A queen with fake coffee. Made me giggle.
    I think you're doing great on the faces and I love the gelli plate cover for the book you made. Maybe you'll make all the faces this time. Happy T-Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. i think your sketched faces came out fantastic! i envy you for These skills!
    and a great idea with the file Folder book. awesome!
    happy belated t-day and rest of the week! thanks for your visit!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Janet! Or must I say Queen Janet?! ;-) Love that mug of yours. Such a wonderful post. Your faces are extremely fantastic, I'm in total awe. Thank you for sharing that folder book.
    Can you please let me know how I can follow your blog? I just can't find that button.
    xoxox
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your handmade book! Lovely colors. I'm inspired! I like to make books as well and should get cracking.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!