Friday, February 12, 2016

Express Your Creativity, PPF, and 29 Faces all in One!!...

It's Friday and that means I'm linking up with
 Kate Robertson's Express Your Creativity 
and also with Paint Party Friday

I've been working in my art journals but only have a couple of unfinished spreads to share this week. This first one you've seen bits of earlier in the week and I haven't progressed too much with it...

 I still have lots to do on these pages...more doodling and the pod/flower near the center isn't finished yet either. But it's a start! I love working in this large ( 13.5" x 10") altered book. 

In another altered book journal, this one just a little smaller, I started this collaged background...

I put down the papers and then gave it a little dry-brushed gesso to tone it down somewhat. Not sure where I'm going with this yet.

And I've also been doing 29 Faces this month so here are the faces for yesterday and today...

 Day 11

Day 12

I'll probably do some more detail work on that last one. She's very plain but I wanted to at least get the face done and something on her head so I could include her today. I'm happy to say I've been keeping up with this challenge this time around.

Be sure to stop by and visit the two websites mentioned here. You'll see some amazing art!!
************************************************************
PS - Here are all the faces I've done so far. I cropped them to make the collage. Sorry about the uneven borders!!




16 comments:

  1. coming along nicely

    have a good weekend

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful faces and journaling. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been so busy, I honestly don't see how you do it -- and do it so well! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, such beautiful faces, Janet! And I do like your pages.

    ReplyDelete
  5. super faces- and i also love those wip pages too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janet I love your new journal page...the colour are sooo yummy... wow gorgeous! Wonderful set of faces too..wow you have been on a creative binge good for you!! Send some of the mojo my way will ya pal!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great colors and I love the face sketches. Hope you choose to color them someday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Janet, you have been busy. I love all the faces you have done for 29 faces (I forgot about it). I really like the creative head dresses your girls have...way cool!!! Did you use paint or markers on the journal page above? the colors are so bright and vivid. I had a laugh about the comment about your 12 year old looking eye doctor. I know what you meant, ha :)
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your lines when you draw those faces is so stunning, so even, so great! Simple, but oh so expressive and exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The pages are already gorgeous. Wishing to see it ready. Love your delicate faces.
    Happy weekend ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Janet,
    I love the first page with all that color. Funny thing is that my laptop screen was tilted and your page looked 3D. I thought how did she do that, then when I straightened the screen it disappeared. It is still lovely though. What a great group of faces you are doing.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful art. I love your faces.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's always interesting to see art at the half-way stage, this is looking really lovely and colourful, it will be interesting to see more as it could easily be declared finished (to me).
    Fascinating art too with all your different faces.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You draw a beautiful clear face images. I really like your style.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really love your journalpages, so bright and happy. And it's great seeing all of your faces together, There's one I don't recognize so I'm going to look her up now :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!