Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Some Crochet and Faces on Tuesday...

It's Tuesday and that means it's time for T for Tuesday. I haven't mentioned it lately but I'm still crocheting simple squares for a blanket. Here is where I was working on that yesterday...


I have so much of this plain yarn 
and the only thing I could think to make was a simple blanket.


I should have it close to finished about the time triple digit temperatures arrive here!
You can see the stacks of squares in the background.
I'm using any and all colors...whatever I have.
So this will be a blanket for function and not beauty!


As I crocheted I enjoyed a cup of "coffee" with my favorite creamer. The blue cup doesn't photograph very good...it's clear glass with tiny fish etched in it.
*************************************************
And because I'm doing 29 Faces this month, here are the latest two I've finished. Today's face is still a WIP!


 I did a whimsical face for Valentine's Day. I should have put some hearts somewhere on the page!


I started to color this girl with colored pencils and didn't like it so I cropped it and turned it into a B&W instead.

That's all I have for today. I'll be bac k with more faces in a day or two. See you then....

20 comments:

  1. Isn't that the way it always is??? The crochet blanket is finished in time for summer or I decide to start a blanket in the middle of summer! Love your faces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with our blanket - I started one years ago - it's still not finished. Love the faces. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made about 300ish squares and never put them together. They were three colors, but I like your solid colors better. I finally gave them away because I was too lazy (or didn't quite understand the concept) to put them together. I'm sure you'll have more sticking power than I had.

    I saw the fish in the side view. The mug is lovely. So are your current faces. Each is so unique.

    Thanks for sharing your granny squares, your lovely faces, and your coffee with us for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your crocheted blanket will be both functional and beautiful--I like the colors a lot! Squares are a good stash buster and a fun project to take along, too! Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that are a lot of granny squares! Would love to see it when it's finished! Love the light shading on your second face.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful squares on your work table. Can't wait to see the finished blanket. Crochet is not in my repertoire but I love to see others do it. xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. love all those crocheted squares-this is going to be such a cheery blanket! Your face drawings are fantastic!! I can see those as rubber stamps:):) Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely faces...and I am sure the blanket will be beautiful as well as warm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely faces...and I am sure the blanket will be beautiful as well as warm!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those faces are beauties! Love the crochet squares as well. They look so perfect!
    Happy t day

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty faces! I love multicolored blankets so I think it is going to be great. Happy T-Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Crocheting is so fun! I've also made many blankets like that, although I put them together what once, when one square is ready, because that's that's the boring part.

    Your faces are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I do wish I could crochet!! I love your faces too - I have been trying to draw faces but none as lovely as these. Sorry to be so late here, my outing yesterday made me tired! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Creative, fun faces. I especially love the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. All the faces are so much fun, also their head gears. You're doing great with your squares as well.I'm sure your blanket will be both beautiful and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute girls. So glad you are able to participate in the 29 Faces challenge. I simply was not able to devote the time to it this go round. That blanket is going to feel wonderful this time next year! Belated Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Janet, you're so talented. I leave envious every time I visit here.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sweet girls and delicious looking coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the Lady with hat.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your crocheting is so pretty. The faces are lovely. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!