Friday, March 18, 2016

Getting Healthy...

I haven't been around for a while because I'm concentrating on my health right now. I am trying to lower my blood pressure without medications. So far I've been doing this for a little over a month and it's down by about 20 points. I feel good about that but I have a long way to go yet.


This is my typical grocery shopping...lots of fresh fruits and veggies. Nothing processed (which I never used much of anyway.) I'm making a lot of Buddha bowls, which I love.

I take a tablespoon of raw unfiltered vinegar every morning. It's like taking a shot of liquor! It takes my breath away but I've heard it's very good for you. I also drink lots of hibiscus tea which I make from the dried flowers.

So if I'm not around right now you know I'm busy concentrating on me. I'm doing a little bit of art, too.

7 comments:

  1. Oh good for you...this is pretty much what our counter looks like after Cupcake shops...she buys all these bags of markdown produce for one dollar...can I suggest avocado oil from costco too...I promise you will LOVE love love it!! It's amazing on plain popcorn too...my favorite snack... a healthy oil alternative that can be used at high heat!! I am going pm you later!! Take care my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good. I hope it works for you and you feel more energy. Nothing can ever do us better than veg. xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your shopping list is my list also. Still juicing, as well as making smoothies. Oh the hibiscus tea is supposed to be ever so good for blood pressure. I'll bet yours is even better if you use your own flowers. I use olive oil, but have recently been given some avocado oil by a friend and it is really good. I did see some at Costco the other day and is the same brand I have, Chosen Foods. I don't know what Buddha bowls are, could you tell me how to make them?
    I know you are pretty healthy to begin with, and I hope you can get the B/P under control.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you, Janet! I have to get back on the weight-loss wagon again. I'm too self-indulgent. (Vacation didn't help, either!)I admire your determination and congratulations -- 20 points is significant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "me" is important. glad you are working on that. what, girlfren, is a buddha bowl? OMG I just saw your link to a post called Gorilla Snot. I HAVE to go see what that is about. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. "me" is important. glad you are working on that. what, girlfren, is a buddha bowl? OMG I just saw your link to a post called Gorilla Snot. I HAVE to go see what that is about. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah I want to know about Buddha bowls too. Good luck with your health plan. Exercise helps too.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!