Sunday, December 11, 2016

It's Beginning to Look Like Christmas Around Here...

Good grief! I can't believe it's been so long since my last post. Things around here have gotten very merry with all the decorating HB and I have done. For the past few years we haven't done much but this year we decided to do it up!


Our tree always sits in the front window and you can see it's a tall, narrow tree. It doesn't look too pretty without the lights on so here so lets turn them on...


I always do this tree in gold ornaments. I didn't use them all this year...I got lazy! But I think it still looks pretty.

HB is in charge of the arch between the living room and dining room and the arched window in the dining room.


You can see both from this angle...I'm on the stairway. 

The dining room looks quite festive even though I simply "hate" my chandelier. I prettied it up with some red ribbons and ornaments...



Sorry about the glare from the window.


Since my china cabinet is on such a tall wall I decided to use some really big candle holders up there.
After I took this photo I added a glass bowl with red ornaments to the right side of the shelf to balance out the other red dish.


And this is our small tree and the fireplace area in our family room. This is where we spend most of our time in the evenings. It hasn't been cold enough to have a fire yet. We're still in the 60's most days and a couple of days ago it got into the low 70's. I know everyone who is buried in snow right now doesn't want to hear that!

I've been making some ornaments and other Christmasy things so I'll post them soon.


4 comments:

  1. Janet you have so many beautiful and festive touches! And a zillion lights on your tree! I love the chandelier with the balls and that architectural detail of the open arch is fabulous. Wish I had something like that! Your trees and mantle all look wonderful. I can tell you are headed for a very merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just the right everything Janet. It all looks lovely and festive. Your art on the LR wall is gorgeous and adds just a flash of bright color. Fabulous! Love the arches. My daughter's house in Las Vegas had those architectural features. I like them. Nice touch, girlie girl! Kudos to HB too. Thanks for letting me visit. Where is my hot toddy? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow everything looks so good and festive, all you need now is some real snow lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. youre all ready for the holidays! have a great christmas Janet! best wishes to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!