Tuesday, March 14, 2017

How to Continue On...

I recently noticed that my blog had passed its eleventh year in existence and that made me sad because it's mostly dead now. In the beginning my blog was a way for me to communicate with others. HB and I live in an area where we knew almost no one, and the older we got, the more difficult it was to meet people. I lived a very quiet life and craved some interaction with people.

Starting a blog seemed like a good idea. I built up a little following. And then it all went away...a combination of my own neglect, and people changing to more instant forms of interaction. And I also got a lot busier with my art.

I think I'll try keeping my blog going for a bit longer, and maybe just do a post once a week to see what happens.

Keeping an art journal is still something I love doing. Here is a spread I did recently in an old World Atlas I bought...it's huge!


I do love me some bright colors!!

Do you think I should continue with this blog or call it a day?

7 comments:

  1. I hear you about the blog
    Has the time of the blog ended and morphed into instrgram that's what I think has happened. I think you should continue your blog and show your amazing art

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janet, I do think the blogs are all just about gone, but once a week posts would be lovely! Are you on instagram? I miss the old blog days frankly, I loved reading everyones blogs on a daily basis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! And do keep it going, my friend, because I so enjoy it when you do post. I can't get into the other media. FB is OK but not to really share, just to check in. And I don't tweet or instagram. I love the detail, friendship and connection that blogging brings. I plan to continue till no one comes and I hope you do too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:52 PM

    I think you should keep your blog, I always check your new post to see what new piece of art you are working on, please keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always glad to see a post from you and some new art. I still enjoy reading blogs. It does seem however, that they are going by the wayside, in favor of the others that I don't do...FB, Instagram, etc. I don't post much on my own blog anymore. I'd like to, I do have an interesting life..somedays, but not always what I think anyone wants to hear. If you post only once a week, that would be wonderful..doesn't have to be art. I must say, I DID miss your Academy Awards post this year! I know I do owe you an e-mail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so in love with your journalpages Janet. Please keep posting them ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post is so relatable. The blog culture is not what it once was with instagram on the scene. I love instagram, but also love more in depth posts. Personally, I think I am going to try to revive my lonely blog. I think it is worth continuing on.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!