Sunday, March 26, 2017

My Art Journal/Mixed Media Class...

Surprise! It's an extra post this week. I want to share some recent work done by the women in my art journal/mixed media class. We just had our second art show (Mix it Up II) and here's some of their art work...

(all photos can be clicked on to view larger)
This piece is so cute! It's done in a shadow box and is very textured...the tree, the flowers, the stones...it's all 3-dimensional. And those are tiny battery operated lights as stars in the sky!


This one is definitely a mixed media piece...and tells a story.


I wish I had a better photo of this. The lighting is horrible to take photos. I love all the detail on this.


This one was done by a wonderful woman who has been a traditional artist her whole life. She is trying something new by coming to my class and I think she's doing great at loosening up.

I wish I had more photos of the art but many of them didn't turn out due to the lighting challenge. We have a wonderful display with almost every one of the women in my class contributing.


And here's a shot of me with some of the art in the background. We had a great turn-out even though the weather that night was rainy.
*******************************************************
Due to all the art on display at Legacy Commons, we have had an increased interest in my class. Several people have joined us. Here are a couple of pics of last week's class...


We had 15 people that day. If the class keeps growing we won't have enough room for everyone! Now I'm off to work in my journal. I'll be back on Tuesday with more.

3 comments:

  1. Hello, Janet. Haven't been in for a while. Excited to see that you are teaching a class and seem to have been for a while judging by the size of it. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet, this is delightful and how wonderful to see your class going so well and doing such a fine job! Lots of lovely work here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, Janet. The best part is, you are not only helping others, but you have found yourself! Love this! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!