Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Space and Birds...

I have another art journal spread to share with you today. That seems to be about all I do lately as far as art goes. I have joined a local art group and hope to be inspired to do more "hangable" art...and yes, that's a word. I just made it up!

(click on photos to enlarge)

This isn't finished yet but I thought I'd share it anyway. It's done in an old atlas. Some of the spheres were on the page already and some others were on different pages. I scanned and copied them to add to what was here. I will most likely continue that swath of purple on across the other page, and then some pen work and this will be finished.
**************************************************
This is a small piece I did as a demo for my class a couple of weeks ago. I was showing them how to collage a page and then paint over it, leaving things to peek through.


And Lee, if you're reading this, I was inspired by all your birds and flowers, and your use of white outlines. Thank you!

Lastly, several people in my class have signed up to participate in iHanna's postcard swap. I thought it would be fun for them to experience sending their art out into the world. There's still time to join in on iHanna's fun,..April 21st is the deadline to join.

Thank you for stopping by. xoxo Janet


4 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are showing and sharing your art again! As you might expect, being the birdie I am, I'm especially enchanted by your bird piece!

    Happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both pieces are fabulous but I am in love with that second piece..and I knew which Lee you are speaking of without even clicking on the link! Wonderful inspiration with your own style!! Fabulous piece... I can imagine this as a great hangable piece!! LOVE IT SOOO MUCH!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweeeeet work Janet, as always. It was nice also to view Lee's art. I had not been to her site in a long time. You sound happy and that's what is important.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seem to have missed a few posts. I am subscribed to get your posts by email, and in the beginning this worked, but now I don't get any new updates on your blog. I've tried subscribing again, but it just says my name is already on the list. Weird .... And annoying, because I don't want to miss any of your posts! The AJ-piece is looking very promising, and I just love the white outlines in the demo-piece. Great work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!