Tuesday, April 04, 2017

Getting to Do What I Love...

It's Tuesday and time for me to check in with some more art. My art journal class is growing and we are going to need a bigger room! Yesterday I had three more new people in the class. Apparently word is getting around to other parts of the local art community. And I must say, even though it is my class, we do have a lot of fun.

Here are a couple of things I'm working on this week...

(click on any photo to view larger)

You know how I love circles! This one isn't finished but I have a good start on it.
Again, this one is in my extra large World Atlas journal.

Nothing is finished this week!
Here are some other simple collages I did in a smaller book...
but they all need pen work and embellishments.


Sorry for the glare on this one. It's very sunny today.


I seem to get little bits of time to glue things down...
but then I don't get the finishing touches put on until much later.
***********************************************************

I want to include a few samples of more of the art being done in my class...


The spread above is finished...


The woman who did this is still working on it.


This one is finished.


And this one is still being worked on.

I think I'm pretty lucky to get to spend time each week with such talented people. They continually inspire me. I love my art journal class!!!

Do you get to spend face-to-face time with other artists?

4 comments:

  1. I love the circles and I love seeing your works in progress. But most of all I like hearing that you are doing something you love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for showing pics of how you start out. I would love to do a class with you, I'm not surprised your class is filling up! You have an intriguing way of working!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Janet...long time since I visited your blog...I see you are still going strong...good for you!!! I am mainly working with fabric these days...mostly on Instagram these days...involved with care giving for my mom also, so, I'm more limited with time to spend on artistic endeavors. Great to see you are still posting on your blog...I'll check back...hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!